1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

MUST LISTEN podcast episodes

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Nov 11, 2023.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Nicole Sachs is a national treasure for TMS knowledge, people - I don't mind saying so. I don't listen every week, but I should, because I'm amazed at what she has to offer.

The MUST LISTEN episode dropped yesterday: https://audioboom.com/posts/8397447-the-core-work-why-you-hurt-what-to-do (The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW / The CORE Work: Why You Hurt, What To Do) Use this link, or your favorite podcast app.

It's got everything that anyone new to this work needs to know, and it's got everything that anyone NOT new to this work needs to be reminded of. I can't even list all the great information in it. It's called "The Core Work, Why You Hurt, What To Do. Kind of covers it :D

So I was doing something in the kitchen, and I let the autoplay go to the next unheard episode, which was last week (Nov 3) which I had not listened to because the title didn't grab me. Well, remember how I said above that I should listen every week? That's because this one also contained amazing content. The entire episode was a conversation with someone named Dana, who described not just her experience at Nicole's very first seminar/retreat some years ago, but explained in detail her recovery and her process. And, more towards the end of the episode, she touches on two really important topics that she and Nicole discuss in detail. One is living with and accepting the fact that emotional pain will continue to demand our attention with physical symptoms, which nonetheless do not need to become chronic. The other is how and why emotional pain can exist without childhood trauma. And how and why it is just as valid as the pain from big-T trauma.
    Listen to the whole thing! It's powerful stuff: https://audioboom.com/posts/8387319-chronic-headaches-plantar-fasciitis-and-the-omega-experience-with-dana (The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW / Chronic Headaches, Plantar Fasciitis, and The Omega Experience with Dana)

Nicole's resources are all linked on the audioboom pages.

Yellowfin89, Ellen, BloodMoon and 2 others like this.
  2. anacoluthon33

anacoluthon33 Peer Supporter

I was happy to listen to this one. Excellent recap, and covers the logic of it all in a clear and succinct way. Success stories of individual people are great, but I doubly appreciate these kinds of "universal episodes" that leap the hurdle of identification ("does this apply to me?") by not really discussing individual symptoms at all. Nicole frequently emphasizes that "one person's migraine is another person's back pain is another person's plantar fasciitis" (or something to that effect, I'm paraphrasing here) and if this is true, waiting for that magical doppelgänger who matches your story completely is wasting time! Episodes like this one convey the message that this is the episode you've been waiting for—you are the person this applies to the most.

Ellen, BloodMoon and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks so much @JanAtheCPA for highlighting this podcast episode. I really needed to hear this right now as I'm experiencing a relapse and needed to be reminded of the basics. It's also a great episode to send to people we know who are experiencing chronic pain but haven't yet accepted that the root cause is repressed emotions.

JanAtheCPA likes this.