1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My TMS Recovery Plan

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AnitaV, May 11, 2016.

1. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Hi, Sita,

Journaling worked for me one time. Back in 2017. I wrote about whatever made me mad day by day. I also had a really bad job and I ended up leaving it. That might have helped too.

I have read a couple good books about journaling: The Meaning of Truth: embrace your truth. create your life. by Nicole J. Sachs, LCSW and

THE MINDBODY SYNDROME (TMS): A Path to Recovery & Freedom https://a.co/d/8numglQ
    By Dr. Kevin Martillo Viner

B
    oth are really good and a little different than what Dr. Sarno suggested. I’m going to keep working at it.
    I feel somehow its part of the recovery process. But right now I’m still trying to recover.

lili2002 and Sita like this.
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

Hi Diana,

I know about them. Did not help me. Thanks for the reply.

3. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Well, I hope we can both find something that works.

Sita likes this.
  4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sita, I had an instant gut reaction to this statement. Why the hell did you repress your fears as a child?

I ask because fear is not an emotion. It is a reaction to adversity. Everything you are describing is a reaction to adversity. You are still on the surface of shallow reactions.

The emotion that @AnitaV is talking about, but which you are not seeing, is in the answer to my question.

5. Sita

Sita Well known member

Yes indeed.
    Meditation helps me. And keeping the mind at peace and calm.

All the best!

Diana-M likes this.
  6. Sita

Sita Well known member

It doesn't really matter why I repressed my fears/reactions. It's irrelevant. Many children freeze when evil is done to them. Adults too. It's a well known fact. I don't want to go into it anyway.

A reaction to adversity. Yes, probably. I'll think about it. Thanks.