1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Neuropathy after chemo

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by 444, Jul 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. 444

444 Peer Supporter

Hello everyone, I saw a friend from church today who’s 13 yr old son went through cancer and finished his last treatment a little over a year ago. Is having a lot of neuropathy and nerve pain, fear building, withdrawing from activities etc.... Spoke with them about TMS, told them to watch the 20/20 interview, read Sarno’s book and about this website. I’ve been searching success stories on this site and I find stories relating to neuropathy, but nothing tied in with cancer.
    I was wondering if anyone knew of success stories that might mirror their struggle as I feel son and mother could both benefit from hearing it. Thank you all.

2. Sunrise

Sunrise Peer Supporter

Clear structural damage to the nerves due to chemotherapy, very common, read about it on countless neuropathy discussions. I would be lying to you if I said it could be TMS. Very unfortunate, wishing him a full recovery.

There's no current treatment for neuropathy, however, there are some experimental compounds I could suggest..

3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

4. 444

444 Peer Supporter

Thank you for the responses.
    Should the nerves heal with time? Last chemo treatment was a little over a year ago.

5. Sunrise

Sunrise Peer Supporter

I'm no doctor so I can't comment, but I'd like to think the boy has youth on his side - the human body is an amazing thing, capable of anything!

6. littlewomen391

littlewomen391 New Member

Key thing to remember is that there is no scientific correlation between structural damage to tissues and pain. Just because his nerves were theoretically "damaged", does not mean that they have to hurt - the pain is simply his brain's interpretation of what's going on. This kind of work can definitely help - I worked with Georgie Oldfield from SIRPA and she told me of a man who had diabetic neuropathy become completely pain free (despite structural damage).

7. 444

444 Peer Supporter

Thank you all for taking time to respond and your input.

Feryal05 likes this.
  8. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't know enough about chemo-induced neuropathy, but I would highly recommend books by Norman Doidge:
    https://www.amazon.com/kindle-dbs/entity/author/B00J91097A (Norman Doidge)
    He writes about neuroplasticity (and TMS healing is one of the examples of neuroplasticity) in very broad terms and describes various very scary conditions that result in a successful recovery. The situation with this kid is so heartbreaking that I would try to reach out to Dr. Doidge via his Facebook page and hope for his response. He is a big celebrity but he may respond. I hope he will.
    https://www.facebook.com/NormanDoidgeAuthor (Norman Doidge)

9. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle