1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Observation

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jane G, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Jane G

Jane G New Member

I have never understood, nor have multiple practitioners -0 if the pains in recent years - thoracic region of back and ribs (mostly left) and butt, back/outer thigh and calf (right) - were separate or connected. After reading two Sarno books and this site and experiencing that I could "think" the back pain into stopping for a second or two - i knew this was the answer (interesting that it is pulsing as i write this!). But the butt/leg pain persists - especially in the car when driving. Yesterday while driving it occurred to me that i had not given my brain the same loud, slightly pissed, alpha speech about the butt/leg pain that i had given it about my back. so i gave my brain quite a talking to, out loud, with passion - told it to stand down, worry about other things, I can handle whatever comes up, send more blood immediately to that area - NOW~!!! sure feels foolish as i do it but no shit the pain stopped for a moment. to keep it at bay i have to keep the talk going, concentrate pretty hard, not get distracted from that inner messaging. as soon as i release it the pain returns. but that was all the proof i needed - just like the back pain. If i can think it to a temporary stop - what else do i need to know? I will carry on...

hawaii_five0 and BloodMoon like this.
  2. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Really interesting! Thanks for sharing that success. If it happened once then there is a mechanism for it to happen again, or be permanent!

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

As much about your own being as you can stomach in any one sitting LOL!

When I first got diagnosed 20something years ago, Most of my symptoms were Hip/butt/leg type. Later it crept up into the back (mostly after they told me that was the problem).... After reading Sarno, It made sense. All it takes is for TMS to create one little area of de-oxygenization (ischemia) right there in the lower back , to give you all sorts of strange symptoms from back pain, sciatics (leg) foot pain and 'shin splints', foot, toes,etc.

But when your recovering the magic thing is that one solution fixes ALL of those symptoms. Just keep doing the mental work and you'll be 100% pain free.

good work!