1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

online laughter yoga, dancing, karaoke and comedy

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by ellie freegan, Mar 11, 2021.

1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

I hope its ok to post this here, if not apologies, I organise laughter yoga sessions on Wednesdays at 7PM and Sundays at 6PM and I thought people on here might be interested in joining as they are very good for mood and well-being. We do really fun playful exercises with the idea of "fake it 'til you make it" ie starting with fake laughter until it becomes real.
    Benefits of laughter yoga include having lots of fun, boosting the mood, getting in touch with the inner child, being playful, loosing inhibitions, connecting with people and production of endorphins which are natural pain killers, stress-fighters and immune system boosters.
    You can find all the details www.meetup.com/joyfullondon (I will change it to www.meetup.com/joyfulUK soon) Everyone welcome wherever in the world you live.
    I also organise karaoke parties on Fridays at 9pm and dance parties on Saturday at 9PM and comedy nights on 4th Sunday of every month at 8PM. All times are UK. I ask for OPTIONAL donations for a sexual violence prevention charity but I know that chronic pain (and other circumstances) make it hard to work so please don't hesitate to contact me for the login details if you can't pay. Hope to see some of you soon. Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Sita likes this.
  2. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Thank you for sharing. It is indeed helpful and interesting, especially in this era. Flexibility wise!

3. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

Yup, it is a really interesting one.

4. PsychePsyche

PsychePsyche New Member

Great ideas! God bless

5. W@rrior32

W@rrior32 New Member

I think this is a fantastic idea! I believe very much in the power of laughter and I know the healing it can do personally. Thanks for posting this hear for all of us!

6. healthpack09

healthpack09 Newcomer

Sounds so fun!