1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 OPTIMISTICALLY CAUTIOUS

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by rekcat, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rekcat

rekcat New Member

Worked on Day 3 and day 4 yesterday. Pain seems to be less relentless! As far as excercise, I have reached a point that folding and putting away a light load of laundry is an adventure in pain for me. If I could get to a point of doing simple housework, I would dance in the streets! Since the pain is a little less I may attempt a tiny walk. The times I have "got back to exercising", its takes a day or two to get the pain tamped down again, so I have been keeping my movements light. Any suggestions how I can break this vicious cycle? On the bright side, I have a very supportive husband!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, rekcat. Slow and steady is the way to go. Don't worry if it's slow. You don't need to exercise until you feel up to it. Try to just move your arms and legs, whether standing or sitting. Be sure to use a cane or walker if you are unsteady when doing any chore. And be thankful your husband is so supportive. Love is a very important pain-killer.

mike2014 likes this.