1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Our beloved grand eagle Walt Oleksy died this year

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Patrisia, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Patrisia

Patrisia Peer Supporter

Renee, Dorado, Piano Mom and 5 others like this.
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

So sorry to hear this. His words will always be here with us. May he Rest In Peace.

TG957 and miffybunny like this.
  3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm so sad to read this. Walt was such a dear man and a real treasure to this community. He was always here to provide words of encouragement and even wrote a book with Herb, another veteran on the wiki. I'm so grateful for Walt's presence here and he will be greatly missed.

Colly, TG957 and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  4. DWA

DWA Peer Supporter

I was afraid this might have happened. He was getting up there in years and hadn't posted in awhile. His words were so soothing for those of us in deep suffering. Such a caring man...

TG957, Cap'n Spanky, Balsa11 and 2 others like this.
  5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Sad news. His posts comforted and inspired many people. He is missed and loved.

6. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I too greatly appreciated Walt's postings and was only just the other day reading one of his encouraging threads from back in 2016. As @DWA says, his words were so soothing. Very sad news.

TG957, Cap'n Spanky and Balsa11 like this.
  7. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

So sorry to hear this. Walt seemed like a very nice man.

TG957 likes this.
  8. HattieNC

HattieNC Well known member

Thank you for letting us know. I've been missing Walt's wisdom and wondered if he was okay.

TG957 likes this.
  9. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
    BloodMoon and miffybunny like this.
  10. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for posting this Patrisia. I am so sorry to hear this.

Walt was a great presence here. He had a kind, reassuring way, and very confident in the efficacy of TMS work, which was hugely helpful for many. As Fred said, his words are still here which is wonderful.

miffybunny, Colly and TG957 like this.
  11. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow. What a beautiful obituary. "We are rich; we just don't have any money." That obit is a great read on a human life.

miffybunny and TG957 like this.
  12. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I'm so sad to hear this news. Walt was such a caring presence on this community. We will never forget his help and wisdom.

13. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Walt was the ultimate Beloved Grand Eagle. I once had a private conversation with him during one of my darkest moments. He was so inspiring and encouraging and darn proud of the laundry list of books he wrote. He was right to be proud, not just of what he did but who he was. RIP, Walt.

JanAtheCPA, miffybunny and TG957 like this.
  14. Kittyruns

Kittyruns Peer Supporter

So sorry to hear about Walt's passing. I bought his book that he wrote with Herb and will continue to cherish his posts and care that he showed on this forum!

15. Cariad

Cariad Peer Supporter

Such sad news! I haven't been around here much or long, but as a long-time lurker I quickly came to appreciate Walt's sweetness, wisdom, generosity and gentle humour. I'm sure he's helped heal a lot of people, I know he's helped me. I bet he's somewhere happy now, reunited with his beloved doggies and having a good old chat with Dr Sarno! :happy:

16. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

So sad that he's gone. He was such a light in this world. I always loved his soothing words of wisdom. Rest in peace dear Walt.

miffybunny likes this.
  17. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

18. Mala

Mala Well known member

So very sorry to hear this. He was such a lovely & wise presence on this forum & I had been wondering how he was doing. Rest well & in peace dear Walt.

Cap'n Spanky, miffybunny and TG957 like this.
  19. Hiawatha922

Hiawatha922 Peer Supporter

I didn't know Walt personally...but in some ways, I feel like I did. He was such a kind and caring person. His love of his dog was quite beautiful. His caring for all of us here on the TMS Wiki was evident through his presence and gentle posts.

I will miss Walt...and I'm so glad we have his words to guide us.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  20. Jimnat7

Jimnat7 Peer Supporter

I have read many of his posts over the years. What a life!! He will live on through his kind soothing words. God bless you Walt!

Cap'n Spanky and Tennis Tom like this.