1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Our beloved grand eagle Walt Oleksy died this year

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Patrisia, Jun 2, 2021.

1. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

What a lovely guy he was and such a presence on the forum - his wise words helped me get to grips with tms.
    Reading his obit - it is clear he lived a full life and was engaged by many subjects - living 91 years is a good innings...RIP Walt!

miffybunny and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  2. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

May he rest in peace. I really enjoyed my communications with him.

miffybunny likes this.
  3. Dorado

Dorado Beloved Grand Eagle

Walt was a wonderful man. I'm very sorry he has passed, but so grateful for his guidance and the amazing life he lived.

I do remember reading that wrote for the Chicago Tribune, which I've read since I was a kid (although not while he was working there). I also see that he's from Evanston, where I used to take the train from the city every Saturday and where I just spent the past weekend. Even though I never met Walt, he was never far away from me and that always brought me comfort - proof that I really wasn't alone. He was always an incredibly comforting man.

miffybunny likes this.
  4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm saddened to learn this although I knew he was already in his 80s when our paths crossed here on the TMS Forum 10 or so years ago. We used to engage in quite a few colloquia moderated by Forrest and others back 10 years ago. Walt contributed to many lively conversations here and will be sorely missed.

miffybunny likes this.
  5. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

I remember Walt with his black lab. His sound advice always given from his heart. Thank you Walt.

Forest, Cap'n Spanky and miffybunny like this.
  6. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

I second that andy,
    I hope he is now in a place where he can pet, play and walk with his beloved dog all day long.

7. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Well known member

Sorry to hear this. He seemed a lovely chap and helped so many on here with his insights and thoughtful comments.