1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Persistent knee pain (over 2 years!). UPDATED!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by 7dani4, Oct 16, 2022.

1. 7dani4

7dani4 Peer Supporter

I hope I'm not annoying everyone with all these updates!

Last few days I've had next to no leg/knee/foot pain (even the bad left foot pain that I thought was real). I just went running and it was all fine. However, I had intense abdominal pain yesterday which resembled horrific period cramps (which I've never ever had before, this is the first time). So I suppose the pain is moving around as I'm realising none of it is real. Everything is fine now. I'm just feeling sadder than usual, and journaling a bit/meditating to get through it. Dealing with the emotions my mind wasn't facing :D

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I think these updates are valuable, @7dani4! Having your journey in one thread makes it even more useful, and you're definitely making good use of the forum :cool:

7dani4 likes this.
  3. 7dani4

7dani4 Peer Supporter

Pain in knees and foot doesn't bother me at all now, sometimes it spikes if I go running but it always subsides no matter how hard I run (if it were a real injury, wouldn't it just keep getting worse and worse?). My emotional state however has never been worse because I assume I'm having to face all my issues. Yesterday I was pretty bad and my left shoulder starting hurting a lot (never done anything to injure it). It went away of course.

So yup, happy there's no real pain, but bummed I have to face it all mentally now :D

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. 7dani4

7dani4 Peer Supporter

Is this normal?? It's like something unlocked and I'm completely miserable, crying for weeks. No physical pain though :D

5. 7dani4

7dani4 Peer Supporter

It’s been almost 2 months since I posted - I’ve been doing any and all exercises including lots of jumping and aside from occasional pain (that i think is TMS), it’s all good. I suppose i can consider myself healed.

I notice when I’m super stressed my stomach hurts or I get PMS type pain, or I feel dizzy and weak. I’m grateful it’s just TMS.

Anyway my New Year’s resolution is to stop stressing. It’s caused me a lot of issues and it won’t get better as I age if it continues this way. Time to chill out and enjoy life.

Happy New Year everyone!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

You and me both @7dani4 ;)

Happy Healthy New Year to you too!

7dani4 likes this.