1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

PGAD success stories

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Scytaic, Oct 31, 2018.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Solya777, this forum is devoted exclusively to finding solutions to mindbody conditions by addressing the underlying mental and emotional causes. We try to avoid talking about things like supplements and postures and so on, because our belief is that the solutions are in our minds. @Sadgirl12 has told you that the source is likely to be anxiety.

Have you considered addressing your symptoms by engaging in emotional work? Please go to tmswiki.org to see what this work is about. All of our resources are completely free. Many public libraries carry the books written by Dr John Sarno, and used copies of his books are easily available for less.

The best book for anxiety is a little book published in 1969 called Hope and Help for Your Nerves, by Claire Weekes. It has helped thousands of people all over the world for over 50 years.

2. Solya777

Solya777 Newcomer

Oh, sorry about that. Also thank you for the guidance. I'll look around.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. ARCUser831

ARCUser831 Well known member

Thank you so much for sharing! I have pelvic pain and genital discomfort and feared early on that it was PGAD. That sounded like such a scary diagnosis. It is incredibly comforting to see a success story on this condition.

Congratulations!

4. lizamcntosh

lizamcntosh Newcomer

Hi, I'm new here and have been going through a very rough couple of months. Female. Around the beginning of April, I think I developed PGAD, but not sure. Backstory: I'm not from America and in my country people are quite conservative, along with the doctors. Around 4 years ago I saw a video about a woman who had this disease and had like 50 orgasms per day to the point she was incapable of doing anything. This stuck with me so much. I have a history of hypochondria, health anxiety, and OCD.. I have never taken any antidepressants or any other kind of related meds. Immediately after I saw the video I got a panic attack and thought I was going to orgasm, but I didn't. The panic wore off but for the next 3,4 months, I had entered a dark, dark place.I started getting all the symptoms, except spontaneous orgasms. I did not go outside of my room and I didn't go near my family because I got the sensations down there like arousal and I thought I was a freak, that no one could help me, that I couldn't go to see a doctor because they would laugh at me. I was devastated and I thought something was deeply wrong with me. Then it kind of subsided because I got into a relationship and was obsessed with that. But it never really left my mind. I had a couple of panic attacks whenever I thought about it, and also I got orgasms in my sleep which was quite strange since I asked around and my friends did not experience that so frequently.For me it was like once a week or sometimes more, sometimes less. Whenever that happened I would lose my mind basically and wake up a MESS. But, apart from that, because I was occupied with my relationship I was quite functional overall. But now, at the beginning of April, I went through a really rough patch with my ex-boyfriend, deep betrayal, and overall had some things happen in my life that were traumatic, related to sexual trauma. I thought I had gone through it all and could finally focus on therapy and try to create a peaceful life for myself, but suddenly, while I was in a car with my family member, I had a panic attack and it felt like I was going to orgasm. The orgasm did not happen but it felt like it's just about to. The feeling was out of nowhere and I was not aroused prior to this at all. From that day until now, everything came back like a flood. The symptoms feel 50 times more real and more intense than I remember. I am in a very dark place again.. I am checking my body all the time, fearing any sexual content and deleted all of the social media because I don't want to see any thirst traps or anything sexual at all. I believe it is going to make my symptoms worsen and maybe I will have a spontaneous orgasm, and there would be a chain reaction after that and I would not be able to stop it. I am in a state of heightened arousal and panic all the time and feeling my symptoms 24 7. I am ashamed to spend time with my family because I feel like I have this deep dark secret and I cant share it with anyone who would understand. I went to see a gynecologist but they told me that everything is fine outside, inside but I haven't done any MRI or similar, I just said that I think I have an infection. I am just so afraid and I feel like my world is falling apart. I am so happy to see these success stories and they are the only thing that gives me hope, but the internet is filled with terrible stories and what scares me the most is that some of the women only got treatment when they did certain surgeries and got certain meds to treat this, but I'm afraid in my country no one would take me seriously because diseases like this are not heard of.. I am kind of aware that this could be psychosomatic, but I had a really terrible sexual trauma and also for the next couple months after it I drank a lot of alcohol almost daily because I was so depressed and traumatized, that now I think the trauma or alcohol kind of damaged my brain and left me with PGAD and that is 100% real. My therapist said I was hypersexual but I am not sure if that is true, and it happened so suddenly, in one day everything changed. If anyone would like to talk and help each other I would be so glad.