1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Post shingles struggle, would appreciate hearing thoughts

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MWsunin12, Mar 7, 2016.

1. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

You'll be okay. I still get nerve pain if I feel stressed out, but I just remind myself that it's there because of stress. Usually deep breathing and just knowing that it's very temporary will make it go away in a day.

You're very young. Aim to stop the loop of worried thinking now, at your age. You are fortunate to have found Sarno while in your early 20's. You have spared yourself a lot of pain.

Be happy. Let yourself be young and enjoy your life. Look for ways to take your mind off of your body sensations. You got this.

ariel233 likes this.
  2. Robatsu

Robatsu New Member

I totally agree, I still have ongoing nerve pain periods but I try to remember my nervous system reads my desire to be well as fear which in my case releases emotion by way of physical pain ( always in the same place as my original shingles pain ) . It’s a spiral Effect and it’s hard to stop.
    Recently I’ve discovered the “Wimhof” breathing technique and I believe it’s really helping in calming and resetting my nervous system. Also if you’ve stopped physical activity because of the pain don’t , try and get back into a good exercise routine.

MWsunin12 and ariel233 like this.