1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Recovery from 20 years of fibromyalgia and a lifetime of migraines

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ellen, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Janis

Janis Newcomer

I've had every treatment and procedure over the forty plus years that I've seen neurologists for them. The only treatments I've not had are nerve decompression surgery, neck surgery and sphenocath. I really how this works since there's not much left for me that has a good success record.

2. Janis

Janis Newcomer

No.. I haven't read the Oprah piece... I'll check it out. Thank you.

3. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Janis,
    You are on the right path with all of the things you are doing. Reading about TMS and doing a structured program like Unlearn Your Pain is a great strategy. Just take it one day at a time, and don't worry about a timeline. If I can recover, you can too.

Keep us posted on how you're doing, and feel free to ask questions as they arise in the process. We are all here to support one another.

Wishing you good health and peace of mind.....

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's great to hear, Mermaid. I hope you'll give us an update or post your story. I'd love to hear what worked well for you.

6. mina

mina Peer Supporter

Thanks sooo much for this comprehensive recovery story.

I am just a beginner on the recovery path and you are giving me strength and confidence.
    I feel blessed to have found this site and read Dr Sarno's book.
    I really must go back to meditation, everyone seem sto find it efficient while it basically gets on my nerves...

Thanks again for your generosity.

Ellen likes this.
  7. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Mina!
    Ha ha, meditating definatly "gets on my last nerve"!!! It is soo hard to be still!!!!! and to just be. Many years ago my husband bet me I couldn't sit still for 5 minutes.....he won the bet. I told him, I can't
    it hurts. I wasn't exaggerating. Anything to distract from just being with only myself.
    The good news is, I can now make myself do it, and I am more comfortable with my own company all the time, not just while meditating. But yes, it does get on one's nerves. ;)

mina likes this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen, I love your success story and your advice. Everyone needs to read it for inspiration.
    I especially love the advice that if an adversity is faced and overcome, but there can be a relapse, remember you did it before and you will do it again.
    That was even a song to inspire everyone during World War II. "We Did it Before and We Will Do it Again!"

IrishSceptic likes this.
  9. Summer breeze

Summer breeze New Member

Ellen, thanks for this article. You provide many tips which address my situation bang on (emotions, thought patterns, perfectionism, exercise). I've also found hatha yoga to be very helpful, for lower back pain. My yoga teacher is a long-time student of Desikachar (Gary Kraftsow's teacher), and I find that style of yoga a revelation.

Ellen likes this.
  10. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

Thanks so much for your story. I still face the symptom imperative and appreciate your coaching and experience with continuing to tell the unconscious that I am willing to face any feeling.
    So grateful!

11. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Irish sceptic, do you have a link to the Oprah piece on migraines?

12. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

13. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Ellen thank you for sharing your story. It gives hope to many of us.

14. intense50

intense50 Well known member

Thank you so much . For me it's been a chipping away at it everyday. Your info has been added to my arsenal. For me tms it's been a HUGE look inward and to stop look and listen and ask WHO AM I?

Awareness Awareness Awareness.
    Sincerely
    AL

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  15. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Awesome Ellen, awesome.

intense50 likes this.
  16. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Love so many of your points Ellen, especially that we can still fill valued roles with Tms and that our activities won't hurt us!

17. Ines

Ines Well known member

Thank you Ellen. I am here to rid myself of migraines that have taken over my life. Thank you for the inspiration and a guide on how you did it.

18. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen, you rock.
    I love you. x

19. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Truly amazing success story! I am not surprised you feel the miracle of it. Inspiring.

20. nelle

nelle Peer Supporter

Thanks Ellen , Its so good for people to share where they have made improvements in there life .
    I have copied and pasted your advice into word and entitled it Ellens TMS recovery help.

Which works very well , as i am also a Ellen .
    After seeing there was already a Ellen on the site i decided to be Ellen back wards .

all the best and thanks again for being inspirational

Nelle

Ellen likes this.