1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Reflection - An Attempt To Help

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Tms_joe, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

This post comes from a place beyond the TMS pain. Much of “my story” is posted on here. I’d like to convey what it looks like to read the posts on here after years of moving past the TMS pain.

It “appears” that nobody wants to get better. All of the knowledge required has been posted here. You could print it and never come back and have 100% what you need to get better.

The reason most can’t get better is that they’re not going deep enough. You think you can maintain the life plans and operations, objectives, etc the way you’ve learned up to this point will bring you success, salvation, wealth, happiness, etc. How’s that plan working out for you? Nice and balanced? Obviously not. You are in pain.

There’s a lack of awareness of mind activity and thoughts that shape EVERY SINGLE MOMENT of your waking existence.

Here are some facts. Please read and understand.

1) the physical pain is your mind telling you to put your attention on the pain BC where you have it currently focused, is destructive.
    2) it’s real pain, but it only exists bc you have a fear of it
    3) you don’t believe these things 100% until 100% of fear is gone. These 2 things form the conflict.

Now that you’ve read it, could you stick to it, or is your problem ever so slightly different? Is it kinda special?

The part of you that tells you this and believes it is playing you like a fiddle. It causes pain, sadness, and brings some to suicide. All you have to do is know this, see it, accept it fully, and move on with your life?

You can’t do that bc of a custody issue, or bankruptcy, or an illness? Ok fine. You can stay in pain until that’s over. Then you can be free of it. Your non acceptance of what is required builds up a giant wall around your pain to protect it.

You’re not special. I’m not special. I’m your equal and so is your neighbor. Anybody/anything that convinces you otherwise locks you into the pain and misery.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you for caring enough to take the time, @Tms_joe.

This is tough love, people. If you feel like rejecting it, you need to know that your primitive fearful brain will do everything it can to convince you to reject the truth about reality. Maybe you can just file this away until you're ready.

~Jan

3. Sita

Sita Well known member

What about real saints that were in pain all their lives? I'm just curious about it. Past karma? Suffering for others? Or TMS?

4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

@Tms_joe ,

Couldn't agree more! No one is special or "different". We have a shared humanity and no one is excluded from the truth. The whole idea of separation is an illusion...I think this is discussed in Buddhism a lot.

@Sita

I don't think any of the saints had TMS. They may have been afflicted with diseases and they all suffered greatly (many were martyred and died torturous deaths) but one thing the saints did not have was fear of death. They had unwavering belief and faith in God, the afterlife, and forces greater than themselves. None of them thought of themselves as special. Saint Therese (The Little Flower) is a good example of humility and faith.

Balsa11 likes this.