1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Relating to the Difficult Parts of Ourselves

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Danielle Szasz LMFT, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Danielle Szasz LMFT

Danielle Szasz LMFT TMS Therapist

Hi there,

I wanted to share this video I made about a strategy I use in relating to the more difficult parts of myself like the inner critic, my fear brain, the perfectionist, and all those different characters. I would love to know what protector parts of yourself you notice and if you can tell, what they are trying to protect you against.

Gigalos and Ewok like this.
  2. Ewok

Ewok Peer Supporter

I just love your videos! I can literally feel your kindness and compassion coming through the screen!

The ancient Greece story is really interesting and a great way to thing about these 'voices'. I like the idea of appreciating what they are doing and treating them with kindness for the help the are trying to (misguidedly) offer as I've always struggled with accepting the idea that my brain was somehow against me and I had to get mad at it.

Thank you :)

3. Danielle Szasz LMFT

Danielle Szasz LMFT TMS Therapist

What a lovely things to read today!

I, too, have struggled with taking these mean criticisms from the different parts of myself personally and having this shift has helped me have a lot more ease. I would be so interested to hear what you notice as you practice using this re-frame!