1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Research interview request: raising awareness and recovery of TMS chronic pain at work

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Flick, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Flick

Flick Newcomer

Hi all!

I am based in London UK, recently joined this brilliant forum and am so grateful for the wealth of valuable resources.

I have had a terrible chronic headache for 4.5 years. Numerous misdiagnoses left me unable to work and depressingly out of touch with the world. I finally learned about TMS and am confident I am on the road to recovery.

I was shocked to discover that TMS chronic pain is a really big problem and general awareness is low.

Experience as a company culture consultant also highlighted low levels of awareness in UK workplaces. So now, I’m on a mission to work with companies to raise awareness and best support sufferers. For now, I am focusing on chronic pain, as this is my own experience and I have had feedback that this is a simpler message.

I am now in the research phase of this new mission and would like to arrange 45 – 60 minute interviews with those who are currently working through or have recovered from TMS chronic pain to understand how it impacted their work, workplace perceptions and what support was offered. I can then use this data to make a real difference.

Please get in touch if you are keen to share your experience in an interview. It will be fully confidential and I would be happy to share key insights with the community.

I truly appreciate your time on this and just let me know if you have any questions.

Best wishes,

Flick