1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Scared of getting vaccinated causing stress.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, May 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BloodMoon

BloodMoon Beloved Grand Eagle

I wasn't going to post on this thread again, but I thought that I'd just post this in case it helps anyone reading this thread to make a decision (either way) about vaccination -- It's a link to the USA's equivalent to the UK 'yellow card' vaccines side-effects reporting system https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html (The Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) Request). (A link to the UK's 'yellow card' data is in my first previous posting in this thread and please do see the things I listed in that posting to bear in mind with regard to the accuracy/relevance/nature of the data - those comments also equally apply to the USA's data.)

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. NameK

NameK Well known member

Yeah it's no surprise then especially since they are trying to pressure you into something you don't at this time feel comfortable doing.

They should respect your descion regardless of what their opinions are.

Like I said my dad, younger and older brother and his family are all not getting it.

Do I ask them why they aren't or pressure them? No it's their choice and I have to respect it.

Especially considering my older brother and his family had it fairly recently in March 2021.

For me this pandemic re started a bunch of tms stuff for me before I even got it and when I did it just made things worse for alittle bit.

And I completely understand why you don't want to get this but for me I really don't want to take my chances getting covid again and potentially have long term effects that aren't exactly what I would call tms (lung damage, heart damage, kidney damage etc).

Now whether CoVid induced POTS, neurological symptoms, fatigue, etc are tms or not it's still

3. NameK

NameK Well known member

I also want to sat that I got vaccinated on Friday and had a sore arm after.

On Saturday I did have some symptoms (chills, sore arm, body aches)

But today I feel fine and it's alot better then having covid if you do or did get symptoms like I did.

Alot of people who get vaccinated don't really get any side effects like how some people don't from covid but I dpnt think it's worth the risk of getting covid and finding out.

Doesn't matter if your healthy or have underlying conditions covid hits everyone differently.

I think the chances of getting any long term effects is alot higher from covid then the vaccine despite what alot of people on social media will tell you.

I'll listen to doctors before I listen to Facebook warriors who are anti vax, etc.

Balsa11 likes this.
  4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

I think being here we know there are times when we need to not listen to the doctors.

Here are thoughts I shared on another thread.

1. As for short-term safety with mRNA vaccines, they appear to be quite safe. My wife, all my relatives, and friends have gotten their with no serious side effects. I know three doctors that work in hospitals and they have had their shots as well. They confirm the case numbers are drastically down and they have not seen any major reactions to the mRNA vaccines.

2. The reports to CDC about number of deaths and adverse reactions are not verified. Anyone can file a report. Numbers could be much lower or much higher. Hard to know.

3. Those autoimmune disease need to be very careful. Here’s an article from the Proceedings of The National Academy of Sciences titled, “Avoiding pitfalls in the pursuit of a COVID-19 vaccine” published 3/30/2020. I wonder if any of the concerns raised in the article have been observed so far.
    https://www.pnas.org/content/117/15/8218 (News Feature: Avoiding pitfalls in the pursuit of a COVID-19 vaccine)

4. Here in California the only real change since last year has been mass vaccination, Before then, anytime they opened the economy we ended up with a surge of cases. In two weeks they expect complete reopening of all business to 100% capacity. So Covid vaccines are effective under real life conditions.

5. I asked a noted immunologist, who is a critic of Big Pharma, his opinion about the mRNA vaccines. He told me that he and all his family members and relatives have been vaccinated with mRNA vaccine. Even though the 95% or so protection claimed by the Pfizer and Moderna are based on relative reduced risk and the absolute reduced risk is about 1%, in a pandemic he said that means a lot of lives saved. I asked him if in 2-3 months most people are vaccinated and Covid cases are rare, would I even need to be vaccinated. He said the risk will be minimal at that point but there will still be a risk.

So these are some of my thoughts. Probably by the time I make my decision there will be almost no Covid cases to vaccinate against. LOL.

BloodMoon likes this.
  5. Rene100

Rene100 Peer Supporter

Hello...can u pls help? How do you post a NEW message on TMS wiki....i seem only able to respond to other's posts. Thank you! Rene

6. Zuz

Zuz Peer Supporter

You need to go to the forum ( not an individual conversation) and you will find the button on the bottom right:

Attached Files:

7. NameK

NameK Well known member

I'm on day 3 after receiving my 1st dose of pfizer and I'm still experiencing some side effects that I will be speaking to my doctor to in a few days to let them know.

They aren't too concering but I'm experiencing some chest pain ( could be chest wall inflammation like had after covid) some body aches that are better then the last two days,

My arm is still sore but I also went golfing yesterday because i felt fine maybe i should have rested lol.

And I noticed my heaetrate has been at 88 ish but it's gone down from Saturday it was 99 so I'm assuming it will continue to improve.

8. NameK

NameK Well known member

Looks like I spoke too soon I'm still having some side effects as of today( some nausea, joint pain is the most prominent one and it's alitte concerning to be honest I also might have some tingling on my left arm and leg as well

Talked to my doctor and she said to keep and eye on it and if it doesn't improve by thruaday to update her.

I can't say for sure if the nausea is from it or not same with the chest pain

The joint pain though is what's scarring me it's pretty bad at the moment but tjat typically means inflammation in the body and it's expected with this sort of thing sometimes.

I've also read that for some people who have already had covid there first shot reaction is typically like most people's 2nd due to already having it before but not everyone gets that.

My girlfriend is fine only had a sore arm the day after.

So it's hard to say of this is just anxiety taking over and giving me these symptoms

9. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

i don't know why any healthy person would even consider lining up for the vaccine(s). they are by definition, experimental. no long term track record.

i'm taking care of myself and my immune system the best i can. good doctors know how to treat and cure people now with a very high efficacy rate.

Sita likes this.
  10. NameK

NameK Well known member

I would conaider myself pretty healthy and when i had covid in nov 2020 it was not pleasant i would say for the most paet my symptoms were actually mostly mild

i wasnt hosptialized however i did have some after effects that could be considered long hauling if you will.

Alot of people dying from covid thay are healthy was because of cyotine storms.

My taste and smell is still alittle of i have pr had shortness of breath, excersize intolerance i had some fatigue for a month after.

It doesnt matter if your healthy or not this virus picks and chooses who it wants to wreck havoc on.

And there are many cases that were mild and people end up long hauling or have health issues after i beleive only 8% of long haulers were hospitalized.

You can also catch it again and there have been people who werent so lucky thr 2nd time despite the first infection being fine

I know it has a high survival rate i think its 97ish percent but you can forget about the long term effects of covid that are in my opinion more likely to happen then from the vaccine.

Also i feel like it depends on your perosnal experiance with it or other people you know.

I personally dont know anyone who has passed away from it or even hospitalized but then some people have had multiple in the same year.

Its more about if the hospitals in your area fill up or not just look at what has happened in italy, brazil, india thats worst case scenario i know but still it shows what can happen if we arent careful.

Balsa11 likes this.
  11. NameK

NameK Well known member

Im dont want to argue about getting it vs not that is a personal choice we all get to make.

If getting covid did give us true 100 % immunity they would tell us that we probably wouldnt need to be vaccinated and if that really is the case time will tell.

12. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Yep that India variant is highly contagious and people are dying young when vaccination rates are low. It's pretty scary.

13. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

As I and others have mentioned before, this forum is not to agree or disagree with the Covid vaccine but I can’t believe that we still consider this to be somewhat of a choice. Yes one can take it or not but isn’t the vaccine the only thing that we have to protect ourselves and our loved ones from illness and maybe death. If something affects you only, it can be considered a choice but in this case, you are putting others at risk, isn’t it our responsibility to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, ( of course unless a medical doctor advises against the vaccine for a medical reason ) Enough on the vaccine, let’s get back to the purpose of this great forum. TMS

Balsa11 and FredAmir like this.
  14. efed19

efed19 New Member

My anxiety was heightened around the time I got my first shot. In part it was fed by people saying, "Oh, watch out for the side effects!", "Oh, you should plan to rest afterwards", etc.

So, by the time I was in line, my anxiety had taken off. I had planned to distract myself however I could during the shot and the 15 minute wait period. So, I can't claim that I had any self-resolution of these fears, but I did successfully distract myself--played a game on my phone, moved my fingers and hands around, opened up my perception to who and what was in the room and what people were saying, and before I knew it, the waiting period was over and I was back sitting in my car, relaxed.

Balsa11 likes this.
  15. LMB

LMB Peer Supporter

BRAVO we can’t let our anxiety decide on taking or not taking the vaccine, good for you.

Balsa11 likes this.
  16. NameK

NameK Well known member

I honesrly didnt have any anxiety during my shot even after i expected some arm soreness and maybe some symptoms for a day or two

Not joint pain that seems to have gotten worst its been a week since i got my first shot.

17. Balsa11

TMS most likely

18. TrustIt

TrustIt Well known member

I don’t think it’s your body your choice...

Are you serious? You have that freedom but you will not take mine! You are sorely misinformed about individual rights.

BloodMoon likes this.
  19. Balsa11

Well that's the scientific truth about vaccines but individual rights still remain. In this case, one decision happens to be more beneficial from a scientific perspective, whereas the other is more risky. Both sides unfortunately have risks. With zero anxiety/TMS it would be a lot easier to take the vaccine but people still have the right to choose. Vaccine hesitancy puts the unvaccinated at risk, and as more people get the vaccine, there are less cases and deaths. There is also misinformation which is a separate issue. Ultimately people have the right to choose what is best for them and it's hard to please everyone.

20. Balsa11

There is no official treatment for COVID, just supportive measures, there have already done 3 rounds of trials and this last stage of approval is a bureaucratic procedure. Did your doctor say if it was safe for you to take it? Ultimately the decision is yours though.