1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sciatica

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Matam85, Dec 19, 2021.

1. Matam85

Matam85 New Member

I am struggling with a lot of sciatica pain coming out of my left glute muscle and down my hamstring. I know this is TMS but nothing seems to be helping. I am constantly bothered by the pain and it is very difficult to not be intimidated or concerned by the pain when I am experiencing it. I am trying to do the work but nothing seems to be helping and I am tempted to resort to physical means of healing the pain.

I am really struggling because no matter how hard I try to apply the TMS strategies nothing seems to be working. This pain seemed to have started when the new covid variant was detected in and finding out that my mother in law tested positive for the virus.

It just feels that I am constantly battling doing the TMS work vs taking care of this issue through physical means. It’s like I have have doubt this is TMS because it’s hard to put faith in the diagnosis in the moment when you have pain.

Two years ago I “herniated” my lower lumbar disc , just before the virus was detected and the pandemic was declared. The only thing that helped was Sarno/TMS work.

Thank you for your help and listening.

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

All of this covid crap is rage inducing to the eenth degree. Though we may not even give a shit consciously, Unconsciously the fact that our elected officials and doctors have Zero efficacy at stopping it, curbing it or even minimizing it, yet have no problem telling scary stories and locking down the world (they are getting paid, we aren't)....Rage rage rage.

Sciatica=fire=rage rage rage.

The child that is inside all of us always wants fairness and sense. Our rulers have given us neither and that is where the rage is coming from ....for it has been neither fair nor reasonable. Our "Parent" want to be responsible, but the child who knows the emperor isn't wearing any clothes knows it's just another reason for them to shut the playground down..again.

It really has nothing to do with your beliefs and everything to do with the unconscious. If you turned your thoughts to that every time you catch yourself focusing on the sciatica, it will realize the distraction is no longer working and cease.

There is really nowhere to go for unbiased information anymore. and THAT is enraging. TMS personalities tend to share a lot of characteristics with OCD types and Covid is grist for the OCD mill. Focus on your anger and helplessness and your symptoms will go away.

We are all going to die. I just don't want to die afraid OR with TMS.

gipfel65 and backhand like this.
  3. Matam85

Matam85 New Member

Thank you so much for your response and insight. I think you are spot on with the rage. I will reflect on what you said in your post. Thank you again

gipfel65 and Baseball65 like this.