1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tension Headache

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by NameK, Apr 26, 2024.

1. NameK

NameK Well known member

I am trying my best to do that ironically for me when I start to experience any chronic symptoms I start to hyper focus on them and worry about them..
    Which causes them to stick around and makes then worse typically and it's a cycle I need to stop.

2. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

I am having the same problem 2 weeks on Wednesday. I can't focus its so bad in back of my head. I am in need of something short term. I know TMS. I know anxiety. But the pain is too much and exhausting.

3. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

I know you are right. But I cannot disconnect. I'm 74. Nowhere to go. Work in my home. I need short term relief.

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Then you should seek medical help! That's recommended in any case for sudden new symptoms, unless there's an obvious reason for it to be TMS (symptom imperative, relief when distracted, you know the drill).

5. NameK

NameK Well known member

I've been pretty good at recognizing when my symptoms are tms and they usually resolve fairly quickly.

But I think in this case I've been stuck because of self doubt I think also because my younger brother has simliar symptoms for months.

But it's been obvious to me that I've put off my chronic stress for too long and my body is finally telling me enough is enough

6. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

And your younger brother has, perhaps simply learned the same "coping" mechanisms that you did, and is having symptoms. My sister had migraines (she still has headaches but they are NOTHING compared to what she did have), and so does her daughter, who is no blood relation but has learned many of the behaviors and thought patterns of self-pressure from her family.

7. NameK

NameK Well known member

My younger brother would probably look at me like im crazy if I told him some of his symptoms are tms and tried explaining what it is.

I do have a upcoming dental procedure coming up which is not tms

it has gotten me stressed and anxious because I've never had it done before( a gum extraction but they have told me it's easier then a filling which I've had alot of in the last 2 years unfortunately

I'm starting to think my teeth and gum sensitivity is tms because I've had times where I swear I have a cavity and it was fine.

8. Saffron

Saffron Peer Supporter

Thanks. But there’s no medical help for tension heads. Just drugs that don’t work ☹️