1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

This is hard.. I'm struggling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Bex1111, Jun 30, 2023.

1. Bex1111

Bex1111 Peer Supporter

I have been so scared to cry because my symptoms have got worse. Tonight a lovely lady message me through Instagram and it hit a nerve and now I can't stop crying because this is so hard and I am scared and I haven't voiced that to anybody. How much I hurt and how werid I feel. Its so hard .I don't want to be a victim but I feel so weak.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

@Bex1111
    Things to remember: everyone here has been there. It's part of the journey.
    When I was in your place (and I do revisit it!) my therapist said that although you feel like you are really falling apart, you are falling TOGETHER. This is the thinking psychological part.
    This is simply your nervous system on high alert.
    Take a breath, relax, listen to a kind and gentle audio book or some lovely music you can just breathe too (there is some beautiful free music on Insite timer app). I usually light some incense at these times; it helps me. Do whatever helps you.
    Your goal right now is to simply begin to feel some safety. Crawl into a safe and comfortable place and just BE. At this moment you don't have to do anything, or be anywhere. Just breathe. Remember that the "darkness" you feel is OK to feel. It's not dangerous, it can't hurt you - just the same way as good things and lightness are not dangerous and can't hurt you. They are just feelings. Nothing more.
    You are victimizing yourself at this moment. Feel that, feel that it happens, that this is scary right now. Accept that you are in this place. It's OK, it's ok to be in this darkness and it will pass at some point. It may take time.
    Remember that anyone who even chooses to take the adventure into themselves, to face this inner stuff is STRONG. Most people would do it.
    Remember there is a tomorrow.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. Bex1111

Bex1111 Peer Supporter

Thank you. I will keep reading your beautiful and supportive words. My husband went to see a friend and I didn't want to bother him, he needs a break and I just never want to burden people so I am so grateful for you and the people here who support and give so much. I love insite timer and listen often and will do tonight too. Sending so much thanks and best wishes your way x

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Bex1111

Bex1111 Peer Supporter

And I love that... " you are falling together '

JanAtheCPA likes this.