1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Tingling with exercise?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Buckyblue, May 21, 2021.

1. Buckyblue

Buckyblue New Member

My main symptoms of TMS are forearm pain, elbow pain, and some hand sensations....today I was doing some yoga and I kept getting tingling in my hands, feet, and one side of my face....it is 20 minutes post yoga and I still have it to some degree....is this TMS just moving around? Could it be my nervous system waking up with the stretching involved?

I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!

2. Buckyblue

Buckyblue New Member

I have had tingling stuff before, but this seems to be very intense while in the stretching aspect and then eases up a little bit with residual after....

3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Stuff like that isn't uncommon at all. When TMS is being dealt with and your mind is shifting away from using that strategy all sorts of weird crap can happen. Numbness, tingling, moving to another place, muscular treppe,etc. My feet used to get so cold I couldn't feel them.... in summer time! Than I realized that 'Reynauds syndrome' was just another TMS manifestation and it went away.
    You are right on time. Keep going. The fact that it's changing probably means you have it on the run!

Balsa11 and Sita like this.
  4. Buckyblue

Buckyblue New Member

Thanks! It is just such an odd sensation....my arm pain never goes away completely, but it does reduce when the tingling comes on. I also noticed my calf tightness started to come back. I assume this is just an attempt to get my attention or to thwart my efforts to get active again.

5. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Bingo.
    ..and THAT is the kind of clue that we start compiling in our investigation folder

6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Tingling can happen whenever you're TMSing, not just when you're exercising. Breathe and be nice to yourself, you're not going to let TMS stop you from living your life. The more you keep active the more evenly the blood will circulate.

7. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I get this every time I sit for too long. I've always had colder feet but it's a good incentive to stay active as if being active isn't important enough already.

8. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

ugh. i’ve had such annoying tingling and numbness traveling all around my extremities for the last two months. sometimes what feels like strange little electric shocks too, and even some little muscle twitches in the arms and legs. such strange sensations! so, i get what you’re going through. how are you doing now?

9. Buckyblue

Buckyblue New Member

I am still having symptoms but they have changed from tingling to sensations on my thumb and forefinger like I am wearing a latex glove. Other symptoms have lightened but there are still some days when things try to break through.