1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Derek S. tms and add

Discussion in 'Ask a TMS Therapist' started by TeriL, May 27, 2016.

1. TeriL

TeriL New Member

This question was submitted via our Ask a TMS Therapist program. To submit your question, click here.

Question
    TMS and ADD?

I have the feeling that ADD or ADHD may be related to TMS. Does anyone have any thoughts? I have problems with keeping my attention on a task and tend to get started with things but never finish. I have other ADD tendencies and have been diagnosed with mild ADD by a therapist. It stresses me out quite a bit with my disorganization and I get frustrated that I am working on a million things at once bouncing around. I cured 20 year back pain by reading Sarno's books and currently have digestion troubles.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
    Balsa11 likes this.
  2. peter32963

peter32963 New Member

3. peter32963

peter32963 New Member

We are in the same boat. And you hit on the nose. I also personally could care less if anyone disagrees with me because I know from my own experiences I am totally right here.

ADD is a distraction mechanism to pull you away from your emotional thinking . Its the most advanced form of tms. What it consists of are muscle tension dysruptions inside your inner ear that are constantly occurring when ever you have a negative emotional thought. the muscles tighten up around 3 small bones that relate to tinnitus ringing in your ears. Also it messes with your inner ear organs that pertain to balance and cognitive percepton. It's one big theatrical act to distract you. And it happens to people who where taught to repress their feelings early on from childhood. Your brain gets this crazy idea with dysfunctional modeling early on that it needs to be repressive and hyper react and emotially repress anything negative.

Its the exact same mechanism trying to distract you with acid relux, lower back pain, sneezing attacks, excessive urination and more depending on the person.

I faught my way out of this condition up to having just a little of the add disruptions left. Everything else is gone.

It usually centers on one life long emotionally repressed issue.

The fact you still have acid reflux and add means you didn't fully cure your self or bring out the repressed issue yet.

Bottom line per sarnos books once the issue is brought to surface clearly all symptoms go away. And for some people this could even take therapy.

The way I am able to bring it to the surface is by reading his daily reminders in healing back pain. Sometimes the whole page but more often just this and sharpy shifting my attention to my emotional thoughts. Do this for a while over and over and u will start to become consciously aware of your repressed issue.

I will not be concerned or intimidated by the symptoms.
    I will shift my attention from the symptoms to emotional issues.
    I intend to be in control, not my subconscious mind
    I must think psychological at all times not physical.

regards

peter32963@gmail.com

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Balsa11 and Tennis Tom like this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Do you believe that DX is correct?

5. TeriL

TeriL New Member

I do think it is correct however I feel I really don't even need a diagnosis because I have almost all the symptoms for ADD and it brings me tremendous stress sometimes. I don't like to label myself because it feels permanent and they say that a person will have it forever. What I really wonder about is why I have the these type of symptoms it and I don't believe there is a chemical imbalance that requires drugs but I am starting to believe that it is tied to emotions and is a distraction just like perfectionism is a distraction. I have perfectionism and ADD symptoms which don't get along very well together. For example: My house should be perfectly neat and tidy but it's not because I'm horrible at picking up organizing.

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Very interesting! Sounds like ADD may be another TMS affective equivalent like OCD, etc. Maybe the TMS therapists will comment, I'm just a tennis player.

7. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Has anyone learned more about ADD being a TMS equivalent? I have ADD, and it is definitely worse when something is bothering me.

I grew up with an angry and verbally abusive father. I have few memories from before age 12, but my memories are of being afraid of him. He postured a lot, causing me to fear he might become physical, even though experience would have told me he never did. He seemed always to be on the edge of losing control.

Was i taught to repress emotions? My dad loved to tell how we lived with his parents until I was 6 months old, when we purchased a house. My grandma rocked me to sleep every night and I had a pacifier. In our new house I was put down to bed with no pacifier. I cried for a week, but no more spoiled baby. I learned to sleep without one.

I know many babies have received this treatment but I think it is usually when everything has been tried and parents are at their wit's end.
    Anyway, interesting.

8. ladyofthelake

ladyofthelake Peer Supporter

No insights. I have ADHD and awareness and treatment for that has helped me with caring for my needs because I suck at establishing priorities and for years and years I ran around doing EVERYTHING at once. Just raising my hand here.

Lizzy likes this.
  9. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Ladyofthelake,
    I totally agree!
    Lol, when I was a teenager I was a camp counselor. I remember a camper pointing out that I was half dressed, bunk half made and some other things half done that after 35 years I've forgotten. That is me all over

Setting priories is a challenge for me, but necessary, and even then I will be doing other things along the way. Haha, part of my charm.
    Lizzy

10. Dontpaymenomind

Dontpaymenomind New Member

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28219489 (Associations Between Autoimmune Diseases and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder: A Nationwide Study. - PubMed - NCBI)

https://www.additudemag.com/fibromyalgia-and-adhd-screening-study/ (Fibromyalgia Patients Should Be Screened for ADHD, Study Says)

Fairly sure I have non hyper add found these while looking into it. I got interested when I discovered adrenaline/fight flight makes adders brains shift into hyper focus and other actually advantageous mental states, however I have a feeling these states become a coping mechanism for a lot of people. (Like me).

I've actually become less productive because I relax and stay out those states more often which has greatly helped my tms honestly.

You could say that adhd is tms.. I don't know about that one. I don't think anyone knows what adhd is, we're not even sure its not an adaptation from back when humans lived differently. But I do know that this kind of thing will likely compound the stress on the nervous system potentially causing these pain syndromes.. tms

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    BloodMoon likes this.
  11. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I swear I started getting symptoms like this whenever I was stressed by my environment. If that stress gets chronic, it's hard not to make it a habit. I'm almost never hyperactive. Given my TMS history, one psych would probably say I have inattentive type, another that I'm fine. If you're on the cusp, it seems like a lifestyle disease especially if it wasn't obvious to others. But even people with the hyperactive type could benefit from this.

12. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

I start thinking this would happen if I work with kids, like I would be so forgetful it would be awful.