1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS back after years - Insomnia

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Pingman, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Pingman

Pingman Well known member

So I had TMS issues back years ago with health anxiety that produced some real physical pains that mimicked the worry I had. After numerous tests I was deemed fine. I had been actually able to create severe legs cramps, distorted vision etc...

I consider TMS and HA one in the same, or at least the kind I suffer from. I don't worry about heart attacks or things like that. I feel a pain and that's when my mind steps in and says its time to protect you from something. Lets amp up that pain so you think about it all of the time....oh and go to google so you can really scare yourself.

Back in August I got a DVT in my leg. Honestly, not a big worry. I was more worried about finding out I have a genetic blood clot disorder and have to be on a blood thinner for life. Started to lose weight to help my cause and had some lower glut pain into my pelvic floor. Went to the urologist and he said it could be stress coupled with my exercise. I began to ruminate on it. Along with Covid and being an extrovert in isolation, extreme stress at work I was overwhelmed.

I started to wake up at 2 am in the morning and that added to my fears. I worried about how I would function if I did not sleep. Would my immune system go down and make getting Covid worse if I acquired it. Could I work well, be happy for my family if I was tired.

Instead of just watching golf at night and going to bed with the TV on, sleeping 7 hours like clockwork I am finding I am trying reading, breathing exercises, no coffee after 2pm.

I have read the Claire Weekes books and am trying to apply the TMS principles. I understand that it is the fear of not sleeping that is keeping this alive. Just curious if anyone has any advice on what they might do when they awake in the middle of the night. What positive thoughts do you think?

I am also aware that my inner voice is back...trying to distract me from something I suppose. I have been struggling with my relationship with god and simply being in my 40s and just more aware of life in general. Trying to get back to normal for my wife and son is also pressure.

Anyone reverse their issues.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It is anxiety that keeps you awake. I have been having trouble sleeping in the past few months. When I wake up in the middle of the night, I try to meditate, focusing on deep, slow breathing. I don't try to talk myself into positive thoughts, but rather disconnect myself from my thoughts and follow my breath.

Ellen and Lizzy like this.
  3. Pingman

Well I applied some of the TMS thought processes last night and was able to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep for about 6 hours, which is what I normally sleep most nights. Even when relaxed, I have always tended to watch late night talk shows or golf and wake up for work. All I am taking is a melatonin. Feeling blessed today. I can feel the TMS moving now. Going to keep affirming to my mind that this is just tension and nothing else.

Lizzy and TG957 like this.
  4. Sita

Sita Well known member

Yes, me too. I also start knitting sometimes. Usually not thinking anymore, just knitting and vegetating while doing it. Being in a state of mind of a ... plant, ficus, something like that. To be honest, I try to stay in that state of mind most of the time. Not to get hyper nor down about x or y. Balanced.

It works for me not to analyze and to just keep it simple. The mind, I mean. Otherwise, my mind can go a million places at the same time, that's why I have to keep it on a short leash. Sometimes I give the mind orders, like training a dog or something like that. It works for me. For ex: "Stay !"(in meditation), "Listen!" (in conversations) and so on.

Take care.

Lizzy and TG957 like this.
  5. Pingman

Things have gotten better. I have had to change the way I think about sleep. I have been reminded by my wife that I always have stayed up late and awoke fairly early for the last 13 years. I use to enjoy being up by myself and having coffee. So why am I placing so much pressure on myself to get 7 hours a night.

Second, I use to love watching golf in bed before sleep and I always have awoke at night and just watched tv before falling to sleep.

map I have stopped all the reading in bed, listening to sleep music etc....

I am just going to bed again and not worrying as much and I have been able to sleep 6 hours again.

soon I will stop taking melatonin as I feel it might just be reinforcing the thought I have sleep issues.

6. Pingman

Slept 6.5 hours last night, no melatonin. Really been helping to just think that I will be ok if I don't sleep.

Lizzy likes this.
  7. Sita

Sita Well known member

I remembered this thread and I want to add something here.

Someone recommended me Kali Phos. It's a salt, a special salt, that is used for insomnia and nerves. There is a book about different types of salts and their use for health. It is a homeopathic salt. I got mine a few days ago, from iHerb link online. They also have it on Hyland (a company in Los Angeles) but I went online and they don't have it anymore these days. Anyway, I started to take it (small pills) a few days ago, actually 4 days ago. And I sleep like a baby. More than 8 hours/night and no interruptions!

This is huge for me because I'm on strong medication for sleep. I've been on it for years. The pills for insomnia make me fat, I gain and lose about 20 Kg up and down all the time because of the side effects. When I take the meds for sleep I gain, when I don't - I lose weight. It sucks! This salt has been a God send for me.

Here is the link for the book.

https://www.amazon.com/Homeopathic-C...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Here is another link to the first guy who wrote about these types of salts, in 1921:

http://iapsop.com/ssoc/1921__flower___biochemistry_of_schuessler.pdf

And this is an excerpt from the book above:

"The inorganic salts found in the ashes of the body are all essential to the proper growth and development of every part of the body.
    "This method of treating all forms of disease has been eminently successful, and can be confidently recommended.

"Chief Uses of the Tissue Remedies.

1. Calcarea Phos.—Phosphate of Lime. "The great remedy for the young and growing. Indispensable during dentition and puberty. The tonic after acute diseases and for constitutional weakness, consumption, emaciation, bone diseases, and all ailments that prove obstinate. Slowly developing, weak children, chlorosis and difficulties during menstruation; leucorrhoea and pains during menses, especially in young girls. The great remedy for transition periods of life—dentition, puberty, old age.

2. Calcarea Fluorica—Fluoride of Lime. "A disturbance of the equilibrium of the molecules of this salt causes a dilation and relaxed condition of elastic fibres, hence useful in varicose veins, hemorrhoids, and vascular tumors. Also in hard bony swellings. For piles, if they are apt to bleed, it may be advantageously alternated with Ferrum Phos.

3. Ferrum Phosphoricum—Phosphate of Iron. "All ailments arising from disturbed circulation, fevers, inflammations, congestions, thus whenever heat, pain, redness, throbbing, quickened pulse are present. The fiist stage of all acute diseases, colds, pneumonia, pleurisy, bronchitis, croup, diphtheria, diarrhea, rheumatism, etc. It is the best and surest remedy for colds on the chest in children, whether simple catarrhal affections or going on to pneumonia. Nose-bleed always calls for it, or any hemorrhage from any orifice of the body. It is an excellent remedy for wetting of the bed in children.

4. Kali Muriaticum—Chloride of Potash. "All ailments characterized by exudations, infiltrations, swellings, during the latter stages of acute diseases; thus, after or in alternation with Ferrum Phos. All ailments accompanied by a white or gray coating of the tongue ; thick white discharge and expectorations, skin diseases, dysentery, etc. An excellent constitutional remedy for old chronic ailments, hereditary complaints and dyscrasias.

5. Kali Phos.—Phosphate of Potash. "The great remedy for all forms of Nervous Debility. It is indicated in all diseases or symptoms arising from want of nerve power, brain exhaustion, neurasthenia, sleeplessness, want of energy, irritability, lack of confidence, gloomy forebodings, morbid fears, hysteria, hypochondriasis, melancholia, etc. Nervousness, neuralgia and pains generally, especially in those who are run down. Headaches in delicate, excitable and nervous people. Paralyzing pains in limbs. Also the remedy for very offensive discharges, offensive ulcers, etc. It is the remedy for all nervous people, curing their headaches, neuralgias, sleepless ness, despondencies and pains.

6. Kali Sulphuricum—Sulphate of Potash. "A want of this salt causes yellow, slimy deposit on the tongue, slimy thin, decidedly yellow or greenish discharges, and peeling of the skin. Useful in any ailment where this condition prevails, especially if patient is worse towards evening, and in heated room. Catarrhs from any mucous membrane,—head, vagina, etc., when secretion is yellow and slimy. Frequently called for towards the end of a cold, when the discharge is profuse and comes up easy.

7. Magnesia Phosphorica—Phosphate of Magnesia. "Chief remedy for nervous complaints of a spasmodic nature. All ailments with intense pains, darting, spasmodic, constricting. It is the great anti-spasmodic remedy, hence in convulsions, colic with flatulence, St. Vitus' Dance, spasmodic cough, cramps, neuralgia, palpitation, toothache, writer's cramp, etc. Chief remedy for baby's colic.

8. Natrum Muriaticum—Chloride of Soda, or Common Salt. " Is found in all the tissues of the body. Useful for all pains, such as indigestion, etc., when accompanied by either flow of saliva or increased secretion of tears, vomiting of water or clear mucus. Catarrhs with frothy watery mucus, or blisters. In all catarrhs where the secretion is clear and transparent. Headache, costiveness, intermittent fever with catarrh of the stomach.

9. Natrum Phosphoricum — Phosphate of Soda. "Is the remedy for those diseases that arise from an acid condition of the system. It is especially suited to young children who have been fed with too much sugar and suffer from acidity. Dyspepsia, acid risings, sour vomiting, greenish, sour diarrhea, tongue is coated with a yellow deposit, and thick like cream. Whenever this condition is present, no matter in what diseases, this remedy will prove curative. For worms, and complaints caused by their presence.

10. Natrum Sulphuricum—Sulphate of Soda. "Acts on the cells of the liver and kidneys and regulates the amount of water in the tissues. Biliousness, headache with vomiting of bile, bitter taste, diarrhea, gravel, sandy urine, intermittent fever, dropsy, diabetes, liver troubles, troubles arising from living in damp places.

11. Silicea—Quartz. "Is useful in suppurations, promoting the formation of pus and maturing abscesses, dis- eases of the nervous system, paralytic symptoms, spasms, rheumatic pain in limbs, etc."