1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS minus the perfectionism and goodism

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by chad_DVM, Dec 26, 2018.

?

Are you a perfectionist?

1. Yes

60.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  1. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Ha! I'm 60 and I STILL get this kinda stuff.
    Be your weird own self and relish in it. I learned that my weird awkwardness was more internal than external, and frankly, I think other people "normal people" are the weird and boring ones. Who needs 'em! Gimme the weirdos any day - far more interesting people!

Booble, JanAtheCPA and ValkyrKai like this.
  2. ValkyrKai

ValkyrKai Peer Supporter

I definitely have embraced my weirdness as I’ve grown lol. But I think that those experiences definitely had something to do with my being people pleaser.
    And I definitely agree! I’ll take a weirdo over a “normal” person any day.

Booble and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

Absolutely a scary feeling! That stinks you had to experience that. People can be so mean.

4. Diana-M

Diana-M Well known member

I just wanted to add that creative people or free thinkers are always seen as weird by other people. But where would the world be without them? Also kind people tend to get abused. I’m both of those, and yes, have often be ostracized for it—-except by other people like me! My husband is in a band, and our friend circle includes musicians, artists and writers, mostly. (I’m a writer.) I affectionately call my people, and myself, “the circus people,” because in a way, we are “freaks.” Of course, I never say this to anyone’s face. But if I did, they’d probably get what I mean and laugh. Long story short, the circus is my home, and I love these people! (Not implying you are a circus person @ValkyrKai —but if you are, welcome, my brother!)

5. ValkyrKai

ValkyrKai Peer Supporter

I wish you would imply that I was a circus person cause I am! haha!

And I definitely gravitate and tend to make friends with people who are just as weird as I am. All my favorite people are weirdos. <3

JanAtheCPA and Diana-M like this.
  6. Booble

Booble Beloved Grand Eagle

Circus people unite!

Diana-M likes this.
  7. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I think we are twins! My husband is in a band. Our friends are all into music and/ or are music writers and/or are in the music biz in some way!

Diana-M and Booble like this.
  8. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I noticed that! beerbuds