1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

TMS the return?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Onasunday, Jul 24, 2024.

1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Question: did you ever do any of the emotional work? Our Structured Educational Program, or Alan's program, Dr. Schubiner's Unlearn Your Pain workbook, any of Nicole Sachs' programs? That's the next step for anyone who has had success in the past by reading Dr. Sarno and applying the "knowledge cure" - and then comes back some time later with serious setbacks. Those who accept the inevitable and finally do the work find a new level of freedom from chronic physical and psychological pain. Even in these very tough times.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

TMS is so sneaky. It can find ways to work around any strategies we developed with past TMS symptoms, so we can't just ignore it. As @JanAtheCPA has written above, it's time to dig deep and do the emotional work.

3. Onasunday

Onasunday New Member

I started the Structured Educational Program. I'm pain free and this is the second time in three months that the pain is gone. I know I still have fear because I still have arm/tricep weakness and still cannot raise my right arm entirely. I have started back up at the gym and the arm fatigue definitely does two things: makes me question myself and makes me discouraged. Therefore my response is to keep going. I even play softball which is tricky because when I make a throw from second base I really have to focus and use my legs because of the weakness. While pain has been gone, periods of inflammation continue to rear their ugly head in my armpit, right side of the chest, forearm, tricep, elbow and behind my shoulder blade. Its been a really strange journey this second coming of TMS.