1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

To give you hope

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Ryan, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Enjoy

Bex1111, chepolina, yes2joy and 20 others like this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Couldn't play video @Ryan

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Me either

4. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Try now, let me know if it doesn't work

5. Boston Redsox

Great post thx

6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Inspiring, awesome post, Ryan. Thanks a lot for recording it.

What advise would you offer for people who are in the midst of their healing journey? People are always eager to hear what works.

7. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

same problem as mine. thanks for sharing.

8. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Ryan. Great video.

9. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Thanks forest, I will do another video on things that can help people in the middle of there journey. Its just long to type it out, when I was on my journey it helped to hear it and see it from someone. (Hence connection). Your work on this site is sending a ripple effect to the world about tms, thanks for all you do.

Lavender likes this.
  10. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you, Ryan! Deep, thoughtful, inspiring!

11. Boston Redsox

That would be great thx so much

12. Forest

That sounds terrific, Ryan. I look forward to watching it. I know what you mean about connection and think a video works very well for that. Thanks again for your story. It rang really true to me, and helping people share their true messages is what is most exciting for me.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  13. Forest

Also, I know what you mean about bringing up old emotions not being helpful. I agree that it's different for different people, but I don't think that digging emotions up to re-experience them is helpful. In my opinion, learning from them can be more helpful, but even with that, there is only so much you're going to learn. At a certain point, you've gotten the benefit that you're going to get and it's time to live in the present. I suspect that tapping might help with old emotions, but that is a whole other thread.

@Andy B brought up in another thread that on page 103 of The Divided Mind, Dr. Sarno wrote, "In a survey of 104 of my TMS patients, I found that the perfect-good drive was either the predominant factor, or a very significant factor in 94 percent of the cases." Emotions from childhood, which he listed as "child abuse," were predominant or very significant in only 29 percent. (The third factor, life pressures, came to 47 percent.)

So that part rang true, too. I like the idea that sometimes you just have to decide to make a change.

14. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It makes perfect sense to me, as I am a recovering (hopefully) obsessive perfectionist and goodist, constantly chewing on myself. I am sure that every person can dig back into their memories and find traumatic events to dwell on. However, some people are able to move on and some are not. Key is not the emotions themselves, key is how we process and resolve them, and Ryan is 100% spot on in his advice. Easy said than done, but the prize is amazing - happy and rich emotional life without physical pain. So worth to try!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    Forest likes this.
  15. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful video, Ryan. Thanks so much for sharing it with us, and for all your helpful input on the Forum.

16. Misha

Misha Peer Supporter

Fantastic video. There really is something about actually hearing someone talk about their experience, makes it seem real and relatable. Looking forward to the follow up video. Thanks for taking the time to share :)

17. Renee

Renee Well known member

This actually made me tear up!

18. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

Thanks for comments everyone, been very busy enjoying life. I will be doing another video on things to help you in middle of journey soon.

Ryan

19. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Your gratitude and newfound joy of life in this video is palpable! I am so happy for you! I related to the ups and downs of your recovery journey but it is definitely worth it, and I'm sure you are giving hope to so many. "The truth sets you free" Amen.

Boston Redsox likes this.
  20. Ryan

Ryan Well known member