1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Visualization - Any tips?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Bluejays, Feb 25, 2024.

1. Bluejays

Bluejays Newcomer

In The Great Pain Deception by Steve Ozanich, he states that we need to understand the power of visualization and learn the techniques of visual guided imagery - envisioning the mindbody moving healthily and happily pain free with a perfect spine, or cells, etc. Does anyone know of any tips or resources to help plug the visual of a pain free body into my subconscious mind?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I learned about visualization years ago (geez, four decades I think) from a little book called Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. It's still available, new and used, also Kindle or audio.
    Creative Visualization: Use the Power of Your Imagination to Create What You Want in Your Life: Gawain, Shakti, Shimoff, Marci: 9781608684649: Amazon.com: Books
    or
    New World Library | CREATIVE VISUALIZATION (40TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)
    or
    Shakti Gawain – Sounds True (audiobook or audio meditations)

I don't recall that advice from Steve O, but then it's been awhile since I read TGPD - and I do agree with that statement 100%. I have successfully used visualizations for years - long before I had my ultimate TMS crisis in 2011 and found Dr. Sarno. Even before reading Creative Visualization I was already predisposed in my twenties to believe in the power of self-healing. His theories about the TMS repression mechanism in our fearful brains was really just the final piece of the puzzle that I needed. Better late than never :joyful:

ARCUser831 likes this.
  3. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

The library app I use (free at local public library) has this audio book, and the audio meditation guide for free. The library also has copies of the book. You might easily find it for free.

ARCUser831 likes this.
  4. ARCUser831

ARCUser831 Well known member

I don't have any specific resources, but I did look into this a few months ago and try to do a visualization exercise before bed most evenings. I remember reading something about the connection between your conscious and unconscious mind being stronger in those moments before you fade off to sleep, therefore making visualization more powerful.

I'll be interested to see what resources people suggest. I'm going to look into the book that JanAtheCPA recommends above myself.