1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What would you want in a newsletter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Oct 16, 2023.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

I've been asked to meet with someone tomorrow to brainstorm ideas for possibly setting up a free newsletter for the Psychophysiologic Disorders Association, a nonprofit found at https://ppdassociation.org/ (Psychophysiologic Disorders Association).

Do you think that a newsletter would be helpful for TMS sufferers? If so, is there any particular content that you would like to see?

(This noncommercial announcement/poll was approved by an administrator of this forum... me!)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey @Forest!

You know, I've wondered why the PPDA doesn't already have a newsletter! On the one hand I feel kind of overwhelmed by the number of newsletters I'm already receiving on many topics, but on the other hand I feel like the PPDA has an important mission and hopefully a growing role in this field, and I for one would like to hear what is being accomplished in terms of spreading the word, growing the practitioner base, and changing the direction of mainstream medical practice. Once a month, perhaps?

My personal preference is for mostly short updates so that I'm less inclined to put something aside for "when I have time" which of course never happens because my inbox keeps filling up.

A couple of newsletters that I receive every day have done a good job of reformatting for better readability and also recapping their topics at the top so it's easier to scan down for the things I'm most interested in.

Haha, I guess I have some strong opinions about this!

~J

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Forest,

Updates on PPD research findings and best practice recommendations for both practitioners and self-help.

4. CaptivaLady

CaptivaLady Peer Supporter

I love media recommendations. So, featuring recent podcasts, videos, etc would be nice.

Success stories, information about ANY in-person events or conferences.