1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 22 What's most helpful and Day 15 of MRP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by cookieheals, Apr 12, 2021.

1. cookieheals

cookieheals Well known member

What's most helpful for me is the community. I don't know where I'd be without all these TMS survivors, urging me on, making me feel like I am not alone and that I won't begin and die here. Thank you to those who respond.

Day 15 was great. Cognitive soothing has been such a help- I regularly give myself hugs which I have discovered has dramatically reduced the constant panic in my brain and today's idea, to allow myself to celebrate accomplishment is lifechanging. I don't do that- I beat myself up about everything done wrong and hardly take time to celebrate small wins. I love this idea. This means stopping to congratulate myself and tell myself that I'm proud of myself and actually make a moment out of it. Sometimes I have wondered how to make the switch from despair into empowerment, and this simple exercise is helpful.

Until tomorrow.

ChronicVince likes this.
  2. ChronicVince

ChronicVince Peer Supporter

Hello @cookieheals , I did not really succeed to celebrate smal wins... I am curious to find out how did you manage it in your case?