1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Wrist pain 90% less, but flareups get me down / fear is still there

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mike Town, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Mike Town

Mike Town New Member

Hey!

This is 2 or 3 months after reading sarno's book.

I'm very happy where i'm at now, could've never dreamed it.

So I had "RSI" for 14 months, read the book, did some days here at TMSwiki, and now the pain is 80% less. Before all this i couldnt play games for 5 minutes without pain, now there are days where i play 12 hours. Some days without pain, but most days there are a couple of times where i feel a little sting, sometimes longer than 3 minutes. I have played at least 30 hours a week for the last 4 weeks and its not really getting worse, the pain is moving though.

Heres my problem, while i have a ton of evidence that its TMS, whenever the pain comes back it gets me super-depressed, and 90% of the times my mind goes to living a life on its own and thinking its structural or my fear of the pain will not go away. Everytime i play games it feels like i have got something to prove, and it takes away from the fun.

( some evidence)
    - the pain moves, thumb / wrist / elbow / upper arm/ lower arm
    - Whenever I take a xanax i have zero pain ( only tried this 3 times, so im guessing its not a coincidence)
    - Sometimes after reading about TMS makes the pain goes away, but most times a nights rest is needed.

Its obvious that the pain and the stress related to it is still very much there. My mood is very outcome-dependant of how much pain i experience,

So whats your experience? Im noticing that im still trying to make adjustments in the way I sit, or hold my controller when i notice some pains, so that means theres a part of me who's really not focusing on the the right thing.

Im very happy about this progress, and if i look back on those 3 months i can defenitely see how i improved each week, but sometimes im getting so tired of the fear of pain.

Did it take you long before the fear was gone? I feel like ive plateaued.

I do have an anxiety disorder, so thats not really helping , its too bad that xanax builds up a tolerance, else i wouldve been popping pills 24/7 :p

2. Ines

Ines Well known member

I do when I get a migraine. I feel like a failure and I judge myself. That makes it worse. You have to be patient and persistent. Easier said than done, I know.

3. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

I've only been getting very mild pains- just enough to notice. So I'll shift my attention to the pain briefly, tell my body "no", and continue on. And it actually works, lol. But twice over the weekend I got what I call the flu aches- and it hits my entire body. It started to stress me out. Both times I took the opportunity to meditate and journal, and that did the trick.
    Once I learned the true cause of all my pain, fear was no longer an issue.