1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Young and in pain...But is is really TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by nancy96, Jul 11, 2020.

1. nancy96

nancy96 New Member

Exactly what I though with the normal abnormalities stuff.

My jaw doesnt really make sounds, if it does happen, its from VERY STIFF muscles, you know when you crack your back or get a massage you can feel the muscle adhesion releasing.
    Most people who clench their jaw at night will wake up with more jaw/face pain, but I don't get this, so I don't think I am even clenching at night. Sometimes I think I may be clenching a bit during the day, which most people do anyways I think.

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Nancy, when I was younger I would clench my teeth and the dentist tried to get me me to wear a night guard, but I didn't think I did it because I didn't hurt. When I broke a perfectly healthy molar I finally started wearing a night guard. Then I forgot to take it with me and I kept waking myself up with the noise that I was no longer used to hearing. So I believe one can clench pretty darn hard without causing pain. I guess I just mean to encourage you to fallow your dentist's advice concerning your teeth, but I definitely think pain from tmj, is tms.

3. nancy96

nancy96 New Member

Tmj is actually doesn't affect me much, I only have wear and tear on my retainers because they weren't able to "fully fix" my misaligned bite, because the dentist screwed it up so bad. And yes, my Tmj probably started because of TMS.

Lizzy likes this.