1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
Bipolar/Cyclothymia and TMS
hello

a few months ago, i was diagnosed with Cyclothymia, by a psychiatrist, having experienced quick depressive and hypomanic mood swings for about a year leading to the dx.

for me, the disorder works similarly to bipolar (it’s supposedly on the bipolar spectrum), except my cycle pretty much runs over the course of a month in length, and has never blossomed into full blown mania. typically, i’ll experience 1-3 days of heavily elevated mood, followed by a jarring crash into depression which lasts a week or two. then i even out a bit until the hypomania returns.

it’s really difficult :(

i’ve started on a mood stabilizer which actually seemed to subdue these shifts for a month or two. but it happened again over this weekend. guess that’s why i’m here

i was reading about depression and anxiety’s connection to tms. i believe it. makes sense the body would use it as a distraction technique.

but what about bipolar? that’s a genetic thing, no?

thank you