1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
New Program Day 2: The Nature of Pain
I believe Sarno is 100% right and in time neuropsychologists will come to understand this. For the moment we shall lay our political hats down and continue to watch this dynamic play out in the tensions between urban and rural people. Interestingly Mark Sisson, a pioneer of Primal health speaks much on this and is a gentle advocate of Sarno. I await the day these truths come together.

More immediately relevant to TMS and the psychology behind it is that the casual factor is our alienation from Nature (from which we bloom and blossom) and the resultant remove from natural cycles. Death is the biggest elephant in the room and our fear of it has led to deeply troubling treatments of our elderly, our sick and our dying.

Surely our next stage of evolution must embrace our instinct, our inherent hard-wired relationship to our planet and a fierce connection to our natural cycles be these of the body or the beauty of birth through to death.

Will we choose transhumanism and digital immortality? Or the messy life well-lived as a wild and natural human being?

Someone on the forum quoted from the following poem and it is a poem I love. It speaks particularly well to the TMS sufferer:

You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain are moving across the landscapes, over the prairies and the deep trees, the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting-
over and over announcing your place
In the family of things.

~ Mary Oliver