1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
New Program Day 6: The Fear Matrix
The best post of the series so far. Thanks!

It's the constant fear of whatever......... It's fear. It's really tough to face, especially if you like feeling good, but that is exactly what you need to do. It's so ironic.

A few sayings about fear that I've read ..........

"There are really only two positions one can take toward anything in life: hope or fear. Hope strengthens, fear kills."

"Every problem has two handles. You can grab it by the handle of fear or the handle of hope."

"Fear never wrote a symphony or poem, negotiated a peace treaty, or cured a disease. Fear never pulled a family out of poverty or a country out of bigotry. Fear never saved a marriage or a business. Courage did that. Faith did that. People who refused to consult or cower to their timidities did that. But fear itself? Fear herds us into a prison and slams the doors."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - the novel: DUNE

"Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth."