1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
pain worse after exercising
"Is a good part of the healing, in addition to the mental changes, simply a matter of muscles learning to work correctly again through loosening, strengthening and simple activity?"

Yes, I think there is a slow reprogramming process involving the central nervous system. The longer your TMS has gone on, I think, the more you have programmed yourself.

Everything you suggest above is true. People who heal very quickly must have less obsessive compulsive mindsets than those who take longer to rid themselves of TMS symptoms.

Maybe I'm just a stubborn fool, but I've continue to try and work out no matter what. In retrospect, I should have probably taken it easier though. When you finally do start to get better, you'll notice a general calming state of mind that begins to set in. You'll kick yourself in the pants, and ask, "Why couldn't I have just done that sooner?"