1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bookmark

Thread:
TMS onset
I just posted a lot of information about OCD for someone else this morning and how it's a TMS equivalent; feel free to skim pieces of the quote below as some of this may apply to you as well (it's quite long, but please do not feel pressured to read it in its entirety). You can definitely incorporate mind-body healing into your ACT sessions and bring that up with your therapist; they do not need to be a TMS expert or even know what acronym means or who John Sarno is.
Not reading about floxing or neurological diseases is huge - that is absolutely amazing! I know you've said feel like you've lost interest in everything, but is there anything that still intrigues you, even if only for a very short period of time (perhaps just for a moment)? If you could set a small goal for this week, what would it be (it can be as simple as reading a book or walking around your block or home for 5 minutes)? You don't have to answer this for me on the forum if it's too personal, but what was going on in your life with OCD and your physical symptoms started? Have you had any longer periods of time where things felt better?