1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Comments on Profile Post by Bunneh

1. mike2014
    mike2014
    I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately it's not as simple as just being compassionate to oneself. One can only be compassionate to themselves once they've tamed their inner critic. This is something I'm working towards by meditation.
    Jun 7, 2016
    Bunneh likes this.
  2. Bunneh
    Bunneh
    I forgot one crucial expression in English when asked to give instructions to a foreigner applying for a residence card.I've been beating myself up the whole afternoon. :(
    Why am I still striving for perfection?
    Jun 7, 2016
  3. Bunneh
    Bunneh
    I had to get it off my chest. Imho, it was the only weak point of the interview.
    But I want this job sooo badly.
    Btw. Do I have to add that I came back home with a horrible sciatica?
    Jun 7, 2016
  4. mike2014
    mike2014
    Unfortunately, we all create these little stories within our mind and run with them. "I could have been better", "what if I had ..." - the idea, is to separate/detach yourself from the thought and realise it is just that, a thought without any real meaning or purpose.
    Jun 7, 2016
    giantsfan likes this.
  5. mike2014
    mike2014
    There's still a chance that you may secure the post, yet you've spent an entire afternoon being hard on yourself. Try and adjust your mindset and scan it for all the great things you've achieved, and let those thoughts rise into awareness. Try to hold onto these and cultivate healthy and lasting awareness.

PS it's tough replying here because there's a word limitation :-)
    Jun 7, 2016
    Boston Redsox likes this.
  6. Bunneh
    Bunneh
    Thank you wholeheartedly for your response. It made me feel much better. I was trying to meditate today, but the pain became so excruciating that I was considering biting off my leg. It came pretty unexpectedly but I knew it had to do with my mental state and stress. I feel exhausted but managed to turn off the mental chatter inside my head.
    Thanks again. :)
    Jun 7, 2016
    mike2014 and birdsetfree like this.