1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with BruceMC as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!
Diana-M
Last Activity:
Oct 17, 2024 at 10:55 PM
Bookmarks:

Share This Page

Diana-M

Well known member, Female, from East Coast, USA

“Ultimately, we develop pain symptoms because of our inability to alleviate our fears and anxieties.”— @TG957 Oct 17, 2024 at 10:47 PM

Diana-M was last seen:
Oct 17, 2024 at 10:55 PM
  • My Story

SHORT VERSION: I have been fighting TMS on and off for 30 years. I discovered Sarno in 2017 and had a quick recovery. But in 2020, I broke out in multiple symptoms. And in March 2024, I joined this forum.

LONG VERSION:I have been fighting TMS on and off for 30 years. I have had insomnia, depression, IBS, foot pain, back pain, neck pain, severe panic attacks, leg numbness, neuropathy, burning legs, plantar fasciitis, leg weakness, allergies, asthma, persistent cough, numb and tingling hands, hands curling up (won’t open all the way, no gripping power), painful leg and stomach contractions, dizziness, electrical “buzzing” inside, sensitivities to things touching me, very cold feet, night terrors and balance issues.

In 2017, I discovered Dr. Sarno and immediately embraced TMS. I studied it day and night and started journaling about my emotions and got rid of tingling hands at the time. During my other episodes, I just somehow ignored it, and it went away eventually or diminished enough to live with it.

Flash forward to 2020. During the pandemic, I was extremely terrified, and under a great deal of stress on many levels. I began getting many new symptoms— plantar, foot pain, tingling, numbness, weakness, stiff knees, cramping hands, a feeling like strong hands are gripping my knees, or my hips.

Here’s more of my story if you’re interested: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/my-story-i-know-it%E2%80%99s-tms.28068/ (Day 1 - My story- I know it’s TMS)
    1. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      “Ultimately, we develop pain symptoms because of our inability to alleviate our fears and anxieties.”— @TG957
    2. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      You can talk to your brain and tell it you’re safe. And that’s a good tactic. Or, you can SHOW it you’re safe. That’s better. Do stuff!
      1. BloodMoon and HealingMe like this.
    3. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Ease up on trying to know all, and to be all, and begin to live for today in great joy. imprison yourself with hope. @Cactusflower
      1. HealingMe likes this.
      2. HealingMe
        HealingMe
        I love that: imprison yourself with hope. Saving this in my notes.
        Oct 12, 2024 at 6:15 PM
        Diana-M likes this.
    4. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      “Your body will heal itself if you get out of its way. And you get out of its way by accepting it, as it is today.” -Claire Weeks
      1. HealingMe likes this.
    5. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Be satisfied with what little you can do at first. It’s the attempt that matters. —Dr. Weekes
      1. HealingMe and BloodMoon like this.
      2. HealingMe
        HealingMe
        Yes -- exactly. Continue patting yourself on the back for these little accomplishments too.
        Oct 3, 2024
        Diana-M likes this.
    6. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      The only way to teach the brain that you are fine is to actually believe that and behave like a person who is fine would behave. @miffybunny
      1. HealingMe and BloodMoon like this.
      2. BloodMoon
        BloodMoon
        Another one of my favourite miffybunny 'in-a-nutshell' quotations is: "you will need to get clarity on what is really going on here... which is just anxiety."
        Oct 2, 2024
        Diana-M likes this.
      3. HealingMe
        HealingMe
        I very much love this.
        Oct 3, 2024
    7. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      I cooked dinner tonight for the first time in 9 months!
      1. HealingMe, Cactusflower and BloodMoon like this.
    8. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      “Loosening your tense hold on yourself…giving up the struggle…may bring a calmness you have forgotten existed within you.”—Claire Weekes
      1. BloodMoon and intense50 like this.
    9. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Started some chair yoga. It feels great! Have 3 new freelance writing projects for this week. Very happy!
      1. BloodMoon, Rose123 and JanAtheCPA like this.
    10. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      The obstacles in the path are the path. It is not about waiting for something. (Nichole Sachs)
    11. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Realized today I need to stop running from grief. Hiding from it doesn’t heal it.
    12. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      I do things slowly. So what? Most of the time I’m happy.
    13. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      I am right where I need to be today to change my life in an epic fashion. Slower is quicker. (Based on Nicole Sachs’s wisdom)
    14. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      “Embrace it to erase it.”
      1. BloodMoon likes this.
      2. BloodMoon
        BloodMoon
        Yes, indeedy... and "motion is lotion" :)
        Sep 3, 2024
        Diana-M likes this.
    15. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Emptied the dishwasher PLUS hand washed the pots and pans. This is huge progress for me. I’m doing more chores. Yay!
      1. HealingMe
        HealingMe
        Love it!
        Aug 30, 2024
    16. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      As the days go by, they will gradually improve if I let them. When you can say this and mean it, you will see a miracle happen. -Dr. Weekes
      1. BloodMoon likes this.
    17. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      “There is no “point of no return” in nervous illness. A day of deep despair can be followed by a day of hope.” Claire Weekes, MD
      1. BloodMoon and JanAtheCPA like this.
    18. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      During the pandemic I frantically searched online for the latest on staying safe. Now I frantically study TMS recovery. I’m too frantic.
    19. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Got some work for the first time in months. Did it with my semi-functioning hands. Client loved it. Wow, I feel better!
      1. HealingMe and JanAtheCPA like this.
    20. Diana-M
      Diana-M
      Still in a physical flare up. But my soul and spirit are growing by leaps and bounds.
  • My Story

SHORT VERSION: I have been fighting TMS on and off for 30 years. I discovered Sarno in 2017 and had a quick recovery. But in 2020, I broke out in multiple symptoms. And in March 2024, I joined this forum.

LONG VERSION:I have been fighting TMS on and off for 30 years. I have had insomnia, depression, IBS, foot pain, back pain, neck pain, severe panic attacks, leg numbness, neuropathy, burning legs, plantar fasciitis, leg weakness, allergies, asthma, persistent cough, numb and tingling hands, hands curling up (won’t open all the way, no gripping power), painful leg and stomach contractions, dizziness, electrical “buzzing” inside, sensitivities to things touching me, very cold feet, night terrors and balance issues.

In 2017, I discovered Dr. Sarno and immediately embraced TMS. I studied it day and night and started journaling about my emotions and got rid of tingling hands at the time. During my other episodes, I just somehow ignored it, and it went away eventually or diminished enough to live with it.

Flash forward to 2020. During the pandemic, I was extremely terrified, and under a great deal of stress on many levels. I began getting many new symptoms— plantar, foot pain, tingling, numbness, weakness, stiff knees, cramping hands, a feeling like strong hands are gripping my knees, or my hips.

Here’s more of my story if you’re interested: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/my-story-i-know-it%E2%80%99s-tms.28068/ (Day 1 - My story- I know it’s TMS)