1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

100% Healed

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by nguyeq12, Feb 21, 2015.

1. fbcoach

fbcoach Peer Supporter

Hi Nguyeq12,
    I really enjoyed and was inspired by your success story. There is a lot of wisdom in your words. I wish you continued success in your journey. I have no doubt it will continue. You seem to have a good grasp on the concepts of TMS. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

nguyeq12 likes this.
  2. Saoirse

Saoirse Peer Supporter

Thanks so much and I will use that amazing quote and yes I saw the movies I am a massive Harry Potter Fan ,right up my street. God bless ,hope you continue your recovery.

nguyeq12 likes this.
  3. nguyeq12

nguyeq12 Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I told myself that I will check back in every now and then to give my progress and to give everyone hope that you can get through this. I once have first apologize again for not being able to respond to your messages, because it's been pretty busy and from my own personal advice, don't make this TMS forum your day in day out, you want to take your mind away from it as much as possible!

I recently had foot surgery a week ago, and guess what? My TMS came back the first 3 days! The symptoms included: horrible panic attacks, insomnia, pain, tingling in my feet & legs, back pain, dizziness (the worst), and out of body experience. I was so frustrated and angry at myself. I cried to my fiance, "I thought I beat this! How is this possible?! How did it come back?" But similarly to what I told some members on this amazing forum...I realized it's okay, because this time it's different...This time I knew the root of my anxiety. I knew I beat once, so I followed the same strategies I did before and I was able to step out of that black hole once again.

Beating TMS, is about realizing that your brain has created a nasty pattern/habits on how to deal with stress. And to beat that, you need rewire that thinking, make up a new pattern, say hey Brain, "I know you're freaking out, and I know you're going to result to acting like this to solve this problem, but try this instead."

Everyone has the potential to beat this over time. Be confident with yourself and know that time is with you, not against you.

Take care everyone!

Katica, Click#7, karinabrown and 2 others like this.
  4. JoeHealingTms

JoeHealingTms Peer Supporter

Great post and so true. # 7 hit it in the head the most.

5. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

How severe was your pain ?

6. nguyeq12

nguyeq12 Peer Supporter

My pain from the surgery and the anxiety after the surgery was really bad. I couldn't sleep for 2 days and was on Vicodin for a few days. If you're asking about how severe my pain was when I first started getting anxiety, it was the worst pain I ever felt. I was on high dosage of Ibuprofen every day and Xanax to calm myself (hopefully put myself to sleep).

7. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Was it mostly back and hip pain ?

8. nguyeq12

nguyeq12 Peer Supporter

Yes it was, and leg pain as well.

9. AC45

AC45 Well known member

This is such an incredible story! Thank you so much for sharing it!

nguyeq12 likes this.