1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

23 years old with a whole lot of joint pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Joey P, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Joey P

Joey P Newcomer

Hi, I’m a 23 year old male and I have chronic joint pain. I’ll try to be as brief as possible with my story and symptoms.

11 yrs old - Pop something in hip doing a high kick in karate, terribly sharp pain. Pain went away after going easy on it for a month. For the rest of my life this hip was weaker and cracked and popped, but no pain (until now).

18 yrs old - Best shape of my life. Going really hard with body weight fitness. Develop bad left shoulder pain and then undergo surgery to repair left shoulder labrum. Shoulder felt more “stable” after the surgery, but pain stayed and never left to this day. Left shoulder has hurt 24/7 for 5 yrs now.

22 yrs old - Start working out again. Right shoulder begins to start hurting and getting weak. Right hip (old injury site) begins to hurt. I stop working out.

During this year, I slip into a major depression after graduating college and my anxiety is debilitating. I would say from September to December I had a mental breakdown, my anxiety was so bad I had to live off of protein shakes because I couldn’t eat.

Conveniently, this is when my shoulders began to throb with pain 24/7. The shoulder pain started mostly in my upper back.

23 yrs old - I wake up one day with bad pain in my left wrist. It cracks and pops when it never used to. Then my right hip begins to hurt more, inside the hip socket. I notice my knees are creaking under my kneecaps. I develop knee pain. I go on vacation and come back and my left hip begins to hurt like my right hip when it used to be perfect. My ankles begin to hurt. My elbows begin to hurt, tennis elbow, golfers elbow, cubital tunnel pain. I have chronic fatigue. I develop low back pain and neck pain. My right shoulder begins to hurt more. It cracks and pops when it never used too. My hands begin hurting sometimes. The amount of shoulder pain I have right now in both shoulders is ridiculous. Looking for something under my bed is a big task for me because my knees, ankles, shoulders, back, wrists, etc are all hurting.

TESTING AND DIAGNOSTICS:
    (All this year)

MRIs:

Cervical Spine - nothing wrong
    Brachial Plexus (checking for TOS) - nothing wrong
    Left Shoulder - nothing wrong except for biceps tendonitis
    Right hip - maybe a small labrum tear, maybe some hip impingement (I think so, makes a pretty big clunking sound when I sit on the toilet in the morning). The hip doctor told me that he doesn’t see anything that prevents me from being normally active

BLOOD WORK:

I tested for every marker of rheumatoid arthritis a month ago and all of my levels are within normal ranges. Also they tested for damn near everything and I have no deficiencies or levels that are too high.

CONFUSION:

Every joint in my body hurts and I feel like it has to be structural due to the clicking and popping and pain associated with certain ranges of motion. But every single doctor I go to sees nothing that should warrant the amount of pain that I’m in.

I don’t really see a lot of my type of joint pain in the literature that is accompanied by clicking and popping.

I don’t really know what my intention with this post is, I’m just looking for some hope I guess. I feel like I need a surgery on every joint in my body lol.

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

I think you need to see a TMS Dr. If you can. Someone who is familiar with a wide range of symptoms and TMS so you can get some answers and get a better idea of what you need to do. That said, it doesn’t hurt to sart on the tms program here, it can help the stress and anxiety. Find A Doctor https://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/Find_a_TMS_Doctor_or_Therapist (Find a TMS Doctor or Therapist)

Pain recovery program that can also help with some anxiety. The work is to help calm your nervous system https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/ (Pain Recovery Program)
    I hope you can find peace of mind,

3. Wiseguy

Wiseguy New Member

@Joey Any update on your pain? Were you able to get things figured out or resolved?