1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

After 5 years.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Sita, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Sita

Sita Well known member

I increased my meditations to 35 min per session. Sometimes the morning session is the longer one, other times, the evening session is longer. I meditate twice a day now, each day. The second session takes about 25 min.

Love the new diet so much. I do eat some tofu sometimes so the diet has soy in it. A little. I had this diet before in the past for 11 years (but with cheese too) between 2001 and 2011. This time is different because I don't have any dairy products and do not eat gluten at all.

Feeling better regarding the pain issue. Still walking very early because of it but it's not as bad as in the past. Manageable. Not bothered by it as much. I must say some days are indeed more difficult but if I get busy and stay positive and content with the mind...all is perceived differently.

I feel that I'm coping better now. Very grateful for this change.

Take care.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  2. Sita

Sita Well known member

This is a 2 hour podcast about the neuroscience of addiction. I found it fascinating to listen, it is really good, probably the best about the subject. I think it's important for TMS-ers to listen to this. And not only TMS-ers, but everyone. The entire dialogue was very insightful.

I hope you'll listen to it, I really do think it will help you in some ways.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  3. Sita

Sita Well known member

I'm working on cutting my time on the internet. I started a few days ago, first two hours in the morning and last two hours before I go to bed are now - no screens for me. Nothing, no tv, no smartphone, no computer, no tablet etc. Doing good on it, love it!

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

I found this on youtube and I started to incorporate doing squats 3 times/week. For health, back pain, bones, hormones etc. So many benefits. This talk is really good and full on information, I recommend it for everyone who sits for hours/day in front of a computer.

I also eat now a Mediterranean diet with fish, chicken and turkey, also light in fat. No processed food, limited sugar.

I'm reading a book about mental health and diet, it's very new. Very good. Lots of studies. I also recommend it for people who suffer or suffered in the past from depression, anxiety, PTSD etc. Or if you have someone in the family who suffers from it.

https://www.amazon.com/Better-Brain...358447100/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Take care.

5. Sita

Sita Well known member

Technique. So helpful against fear:

6. Sita

Sita Well known member

The dangers of being too nice. Dr. Gabor Mate. 8 min.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  7. Sita

Sita Well known member

I'm doing better. I improved my sleeping patterns and this was huge for me.
    I also cut the carbs drastically from my diet. This is the reason why I improved my sleep and mood.
    I also stopped reading anything about TMS, no books, nothing. No watching youtube, nothing related to pain.
    I have a very simple life now, it was simple before comparing to other people's life. But now it's even more simple. I grow a garden on the balcony, work out, read a lot, exercise, knit and also meditate every day. I keep it simple and I'm very content.

I don't participate on social media as much as before and I have 3 days/week F, S ans S when I do my best not to use the computer/other screens. At all.

Balsa11 likes this.
  8. Sita

Sita Well known member

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  9. Sita

Sita Well known member

I'm doing really well these days. I'm participating here less and less often. Also, I'm not reading about it anymore, books or articles. Not even success stories. No podcasts. The healing for me is silence. Mental peace, stillness. I sleep very well all night now and the pain is manageable. I never mentioned here about my pain, where is it in the body, never. I prefer the keep it private.

Meditation, living in the present and keeping the mind clean and at peace are my treatments. No journaling for me, no writing about it, no reading about it, no talking about it.

Since I moved to the countryside I feel much much better. I love it here, it's much quieter and I find this life to be more natural, normal than in the city. The stress of living in a big city, the noise, commotion, stimuli etc. ....is not natural living. There is something wrong with it, that's why so many people are affected and suffer from mental illnesses, depression, anxiety etc. It's not a natural way of living, in my opinion.

I have a very clean and healthy diet, no carbs, no sugar, nothing processed, all fresh, organic and cooked at home. I'm working on doing my best to incorporate at least 30 min a day - working out. Outside if possible. I'm also spending time daily outside in the sun. I knit or read, it's very soothing.

I got sick of politics, youtube, tv etc. too much noise. I'm into listening to soft music, elevator music, Pilates, cooking and experimenting, making necklaces and knits and spending time with pets. I'll start drawing again.

I'm happy and content, I've always been like that actually.

Mr Hip Guy and Tomi like this.
  10. Sita

Sita Well known member

@Baseball, meditation helps. In my case it does help very much. I'm much better now, thanks to Dr Sarno, thanks to your crazy no BS comments, thanks to others here who write from experience and offer a different perspective/angle. There is always something useful in my opinion, in all these interactions and dialogue.

I forgot to say that I mastered the STOP technique. Thanks for sharing it.
    Namaste means: "My soul bows to your soul." It shows respect and it is made by bringing the palms together before the face or chest and bowing to the other person. And the other person responds with the same, "Namaste!" plus the same gesture.

:)

Ellen likes this.