1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Ah, is this not happiness..

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Gigalos, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

2. Lily Rose

Lily Rose Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow! Lovely photography. Thank you for sharing this :)

... with Love and Gratitude ^_^

3. MigraineSky

MigraineSky Newcomer

I was walking my dogs yesterday and noticed that the sun had just barely finished setting. As a result it had just barely begun to get dark outside. I realized that I love that moment in the day, and was reminded of playing outside until dark when I was a kid. I felt grateful for being present enough in the moment to even be aware of that.

MWsunin12, plum, Ellen and 2 others like this.
  4. Gigalos

How to solve a stiff neck and upper back (t=17:28) and how not to (t=13:27)...

Enjoy the rest of the video! Father Ted is a comedy serie from the 90's about three priests and their housekeeper Mrs. Doyle, who live on a tiny remote island. It is hilarious and in my opinion in the top 3 of best British comedies of all time. Warning, don't watch if you are a convinced catholic...

5. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

Walking in the rain with your dog on a windy day smiling cause you thought that day would never come again but it did !! If that’s not hapinness

MWsunin12, Ellen, plum and 1 other person like this.
  6. Gigalos

good for you!!

Lily Rose, karinabrown and plum like this.
  7. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Dogs and the rain...
    Ah, is this not epic happiness :)

Lily Rose and karinabrown like this.
  8. Gigalos

The dachshund of my neighbor, who always greets me with great enthusiasm when they walk by. Whenever I visit she climbs on my lap to enjoy a good 10 minutes of petting and massage until she falls asleep. Dogs are great!

9. Gigalos

So today I bought myself some art, a sheep cast out of bronze, scale 1:2. I never spent so much money on something just to look at. She guards my back door and will greet me whenever I go out or come home. Ba-a-a-ah... is this not happiness

10. karinabrown

karinabrown Well known member

When i really could barely walk one of the things that would upset the most was not being able to walk my dog. Other people had to do it and made me so sad, i can hardly discribe. My worst fear was not being able to walk enough before his life was over. He is an old dog now , so time was a factor extra. (Negative : gave me extra stress ‘i have too heal !’ ) but this year i went on walks with him again. Not as far and long as we used too but i am outside again in nature with my dog regurly !
    That’s Happiness. Humberly learned to even be hapy with smaller steps ..
    He is almost blind and i am walking carefully still : a strange couple we make

plum, Lily Rose and Gigalos like this.
  11. Gigalos

Playing a game of basketball for the first time in 20 years! :) :)
    I used to play in my teens but tore/stretched my cruciate ligament and kept twisting it so I stopped. Last week I discovered a bunch of old farts that play in a hall nearby, so I bought myself a pair of shoes and joined them... I am broken... I feel muscles burning right now that I didn't even know I had... but it was more than worth it!! Ah, is this not happiness....

karinabrown, Hamed and plum like this.
  12. Gigalos

I was working inside my car when I suddenly got spooked by the sound of nails scratching plastic very nearby. Turned out that my neighbor was standing next to my car and her dachshund was trying to climb in to greet me.

Ithantech and plum like this.
  13. Gigalos

Speculaas!
    It is a Dutch variant of ginger bread filled with almondpaste and it should be banned... for being too tasty and addictive! We all have food that won't survive longer than 24 hrs in our vicinity... speculaas is mine (burp!...ow...my stomach).
    I intentionally never buy it anymore, but this time I got it as a present from work, damnit!
    [​IMG]

14. Solange

Solange Well known member

After some heavy snow on Wednesday, Thursday became a day of icy pavements and roads, slush, mud and damp and very careful anxious walking with small steps.
    What joy then today to wake up today and find the rain had washed away the ice and snow and left behind just wet pavements so I could stride along through the park, past the duck ponds ( the ducks were looking much happier too- they really don't 'get' ice) down to my favourite cafe with no danger of a slip or a trip. I watched a little black poodle dressed in a purple dog jacket vainly racing after the crows who could scarcely be bothered to flap away up to the nearby trees where they watched him disdainfully.
    I really appreciated my ability to stride along rhythmically looking around me rather than down at my feet. Sometimes it's good to have a lesson in appreciating the things you take for granted.

Ithantech and plum like this.
  15. Gigalos

getting a message from two different persons, right before christmas, that your efforts to help them really made a difference...

Lizzy, JanAtheCPA and plum like this.
  16. Amber

Amber New Member

Not quite able to fall asleep, then feeling my little yellow lab curl up in the small of my back, and put her head across my waist. Ahh is this not happiness.

17. Gigalos

Yesterday and today it was +10°C in the shade, +15°C in the sun, so I was able to sit outside in the sun without a jacket. Meanwhile ice is still floating in the canals formed during the -10°C nights from last week. I have seldom seen such an abrupt change in weather overhere. I even saw the first bee of this year that had been sent out by his colony to investigate if there is already any pollen available to collect.

plum likes this.
  18. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

Seeing your loved ones belly laugh! Ah, is this not happiness.

MWsunin12, Lizzy, plum and 1 other person like this.
  19. Gigalos

Baking cookies on a sunday afternoon...

20. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

This video made me think of this thread and unsure if it's been posted before.

Gigalos likes this.