1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Ah, is this not happiness..

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Gigalos, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

...do twenty push ups every morning... :)

plum and Sonic like this.
  2. briana

briana Newcomer

Aww... that's great... I am going to suggest this to my son too... He has been so unhappy after his divorce last year... Maybe this could help him get over it... Thank you so much @Gigalos... that's really a good suggestion.

Gigalos, MWsunin12 and plum like this.
  3. Sonic

Sonic Peer Supporter

LOL when you try it it's hard not to laugh at yourself

Gigalos and Lizzy like this.
  4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

The first rose bloom of the Los Angeles spring. Light pink, heavy on the rose scent. (not easy to find anymore!)

westb, Gigalos and plum like this.
  5. westb

westb Well known member

Listening to my long-neglected mindfulness CD yesterday. The difference between Before and After was amazing. Made my day.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. Gigalos

Which CD is that?? Makes me curious :)

Today I watched 'All the Rage' again and after 10+ times it still manages to make me cry at certain scenes...

7. westb

westb Well known member

8. Gigalos

we are experiencing warm weather in the Netherlands, unusual for the time of year...
    - standing with only your feet in the sea and having to sprint out as it is still bloody cold and makes your feet cramp up, gave a rush though
    - plucking the same song again and again on my guitar, sitting in my garden and enjoying the evening breeze
    - watching a couple of cows run towards a corner of a field, for no apparent reason, but automatically the whole herd starts to raise their heads and slowly start to walk in the same direction... a man walks by and says: 'it makes you think of people, doesn't it?'

9. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

vacation at the beach and just relaxing all day, with a beer in hand.
    Ah, is this not happiness

Gigalos likes this.
  10. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Methinks it’s time to resurrect this gorgeous thread. Here’s a beautiful bit of Pooh wisdom that is both poignant and relevant.

474C8085-BD43-4E45-A744-CD68B04BB6E8.jpeg

11. Ithantech

Ithantech Peer Supporter

Great thread to bring back! Loved seeing videos, pictures and comments posted.

plum and JanAtheCPA like this.
  12. Gigalos

Pooh is stuffed with wisdom... thanks for refiring this thread in times like these, Plum!

Today I saw a small falcon hovering perfectly still in the air just 20m before me. He was completely focussed on a potential snack on the ground and didn't mind my presence at all. Awesome!

Lizzy, plum and Lily Rose like this.
  13. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

The whole of the UK joined in a Clap for Carers at 8pm. It was a gesture of appreciation and gratitude for our amazing NHS and other workers in the health service. They have been such heroes.

I thought it might be a bit lame but not at all. There were bells, whistles, horns, people banging on saucepans, cheering and clapping. It was immensely life-affirming and left me in tears.

There are so many beautiful souls out there.

Amber, Gigalos and Lizzy like this.
  14. fredb

fredb Peer Supporter

Hi Plum. I was out there two at 8pm last night with my spoon and saucepan. What wonderful people there are in world, risking their lives for others. I came back in doors after and realised I too was in tears! Emotional what? It makes you feel a fraud you know, when all you have to deal with is a localised pain or sensation.
    So why does it not help, when you acknowledge the trials others are currently dealing with!!!!
    We have exchanged before Plum and your words of wisdom have always made sense. Warm wishes. Fred.

plum likes this.
  15. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

It was truly powerful. The silly thing is I’d actually forgotten about it and only went outside to see what the hullabaloo was. As the realisation hit me I broke down. My husband was crying too. It was a rare moment.

I have to counter this because there is nothing fraudulent about TMS. It is emotional pain manifest physically because we care and feel for the world. Do your best not to compare your situation with the world inhabited by our medical staff. We are all a part of this, all threads in the great weave of life. You don’t know, and can’t know the exquisite truth of your sensitivity and how it helps and heals others. You are kind and nothing is more precious than kindness, especially right now. x

16. fredb

fredb Peer Supporter

Thanks Plum. Everything you say inspires me. I hope you and yours are well during these difficult times. Things are really starting to develop in London and we are now attempting to get a home delivery slot from one of the major supermarkets, but with little success so far. Luckily we live on the Essex side of London and there are a few farm shops we can try, because fighting through the hoards of shoppers and lining up behind barrows piled high with toilet rolls ain't much fun! I hope where you live things are easier for you. Warm wishes. Fred.

plum likes this.
  17. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

18. fredb

fredb Peer Supporter

Ahhh. X

plum likes this.
  19. Amber

Amber New Member

Plum, your wisdom and kindness are mind blowing. You have brought so many wonderful tears to my eyes. This morning I wa sitting on my couch, looking out a huge window to the back property. It was raining, then stopped, then the sun came our shining on the lingering raindrops, glittering.
    Yes I have gobs of problems and stress and most of the things I Need to do I can't get done.
    But as I sat on my couch with a big grin, I thought over and over: Ah, is this not happiness.

plum likes this.
  20. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Thank you Amber ❤️
    This is a lovely message to greet me this morning. Be open to these soft, warm moments and you’ll find they come to you more and more. Sending you a bear hug and much love. xxx