1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Any succes stories about eye issues? Need encouragement

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Amina.84, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Amina.84

Amina.84 Peer Supporter

Hi. I have questions about eyes sumptoms
    I cured/improved some TMS symptoms. But for about a year, I have a new symptom that fills me with doubts and stress making my daily life hell.

I have eye symptoms. I have intense itching and burning, the feeling that there are stones stuck under my eyelids. I also have yellow discharge especialy in the morning. I loved to wear makeup so much, but now don't wear makeup anymore because of fear, avoid going out when it's cold or windy.
    I saw several ophthalmologists(about 10). The majority told me it was an allergy because they seen some follicles under my superior eyelid. I also saw two allergists, I took tests but everything is negative
    The others ophtalmo told me I have blepharitis or MGD. I tried 3 different anti allergic eye drops, I took aerius but no improvement. I also tried antibiotic eye drops (azyter), eye drops with cortisone. But nothing seems to help. I tried several lotions, several wipes for cleaning the eyes including tea tree based (in case it was due to the demodex), warm compresses. But still nothing. I do not know what to do.

So I wanted to know if there are people here who healed eyes issues and what kind of eyes issues did you heal? It will be really appreciable and helpful to hear success stories. Hope to have some answers. Thanks all

2. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Here is a success story to listen to. Nichole has others for eyes.
    https://audioboom.com/posts/7722217-episode-106-dermatitis-of-the-eyes-and-transforming-fear-with-elizabeth-kott?playlist_direction=reversed (The Cure for Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs, LCSW / Episode 106 - Dermatitis of the Eyes and Transforming Fear with Elizabeth Kott)

These ladies were cured by doing tms work. Nothing “physical” like you keep trying helped.
    You must do this work. You must be willing to help yourself beyond medical.

3. Booble

Booble Well known member

It's clearly not medical or the treatment options would provide some relief. Good opportunity to focus on TMS and stop thinking about "is it this or is it that."
    When my eyes act up, as they do, I always ask myself (on paper), "What is happening that I don't want to see?" "What am I so enraged about that I see red?" and then I let myself go in and let my deeper unconscious answer (on paper). That usually brings up some crap and eventually when I stop thinking about them my eyes start to settle down.

Good luck!

4. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Maibomian gland dysfunction is another beast, your eyelids dont produce oil anymore or it get Stuck in your glands. For how long did you try warm compresses? You also have to massage your eyelids after and then clean. For atleast 30 days before improvement. Im not sure about MGD as tms because your oilfilm is important against infections, i have the Same condition, maybe it is tms , but its different then just dry eye or just allergies who are indeed tms, maybe im wrong

5. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@gx92, it's all connected. Stress provokes an immune system response which, if prolonged, can cause untold long-term physiological issues. Stress can be provoked by outside factors, but also by the inner ones, including the distress of long-term emotional repression, trauma, perfectionism, pressure, self-judgement, self-loathing, etc etc etc....

Gabor Mate MD explains how this happens in When The Body Says No. And no, he doesn't address eye issues specifically, he's got much bigger topics to write about. But the application to any and all other physiological processes in the body is quite clear.

Cactusflower and gx92 like this.
  6. gx92

gx92 Peer Supporter

Yes indeed, they say that your hormones influence those oil glands in the eyes, couldnt be more obvious indeed

JanAtheCPA likes this.