1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Bye Bye Pain

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by CookStar, Jan 13, 2017.

1. CookStar

CookStar New Member

I was successful in following the recovery programs on this site, after reading Healing Back Pain and The Divided Mind.

In 2011 I injured my back and over the course of a year it became chronically worse. I tried Chiro, physio, pills, traction, acupuncture, massage.
    My life was revolved around my back pain. An MRI revealed I had a couple of Herniated Discs, L4/L5.
    I underwent microdisc surgery in 2012, and I was instantly healed. I could walk again.

then....three years later after a separation, I moved into a new house with my pregnant girlfriend. two weeks later MY PAIN RETURNED. this time, on the other side of my lower back, (which my surgeon warned me might happen).

I was scheduled to do another MRI.
    I was on the floor in pain.
    I couldn't walk.
    The most excruciating pain I have ever known.
    My doctor sent me to a chiropractor for spinal decompression. They told me I wouldn't be playing hockey or running again, and that I'd have to baby my back.

I randomly fell across the Sarno 20/20 segment on YouTube. I bought the book. Read it twice.
    Found this site and journaled daily for three weeks.

In three weeks time my pain was eradicated. Gone. Vanished.
    I was playing hockey again. I was able to do a 22km run three months later.

And a nice by-product of this was that my seasonal allergies also vanished this summer!

-Jesse

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

That's fanatastic !! Well done CookStart dancea

Thanks for sharing your story.