1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Laughter Call back

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by andy64tms, Nov 16, 2015.

1. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Psychologically, “I’ll call you back” isn’t something you want to hear! People never seem to call me back. When I call them for the second time, I don’t want to offend them, so avoiding conflict I never ask them why they didn’t call me back, I called them for a good reason I usually want something.

When people say “I’ll call you back”, sometimes they don’t mean it. What they really mean is: “yeah, I’ll call you back when I’m good and ready, or “you are not important enough”. Sometimes “I’ll call you back” can be interpreted as: “I don’t know “, and this means they will do the opposite of what they say, and never call you back.

Excuses for not calling back are equally annoying. Someone today told me: “they were out to lunch. “ This is a favorite in the work field and this message usually means: “ They don’t want to speak to you”. It is often said by a colleague, who may be sitting beside the person you are calling, who really is eating his lunch.

So when someone says to you: “ I’ll call you back”. Don’t believe them, and answer them with. “No, people never call me back, I’ll call you back”.

2. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Update, just venting:
    Once again, the company that inspired this post did not call me back! On the website they have one phone number with strict instructions: “ For orders only”. Arlene, the poor lady in sales is rather defensive, quite rightly so, she appears to be the companies "gatekeeper"! This company makes custom dome windows for RV’s, and unfortunately I have to use them. When my custom order is filled, do you think I should send them this post? Does anyone have some "patience" they can lend me?