1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Childhood Illness

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by danny1943, Mar 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

I was explaining TMS to a friend and he asked me: "what about childness illnesses and pain, are they TMS." I didn't know how to respond as I hadn't thought about this. Any suggestions on how to respond to this?

2. danny1943

danny1943 New Member

Actually after thinking about this I think children do make themselves sick from stress, etc. or from lack of attention from their family.

3. Susan1111

Susan1111 Well known member

What comes to mind immediately is the child who continually had a stomachache when it's time to go to school.
    My nephew has been suffering from migraines since a young teenager all tests negative. He is now 19 first year in college not interested in hearing that indeed his migraines are emotional (lots of drama in the house with his older brother) when he wants to stop suffering the teacher will come.
    So yes I believe children do indeed suffer from TMS

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

I do too. "Sick headaches" and "childhood asthma" are two that I have known in my family.