1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Chronic fatigue syndrome

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Albertson22, Jan 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Albertson22

Albertson22 Newcomer

Can anyone give me advice how to deal with chronic fatigue syndrome and how to use my brain to stop the fatigue and whatever will help thank you very much

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Albertson. That's kind of a huge open-ended question, but at the same time, it's kind of too specific to your condition! Which I'm sure makes very little sense to you right now.

However, there's no reason to think that you can't treat CFS as a mind-body condition. All you have to do is substitute your symptoms whenever someone else mentions pain or some other symptom.

Start doing the Structured Educational Program on tmswiki.org. It's free, and introduces you to the concepts and gives you different exercises to try.

Also read at least one success story (and follow-up comments) every day on the Success Stories subforum on this site. You'd be amazed at the breadth of symptoms that people have experienced.

Good luck!

~Jan

3. Albertson22

Albertson22 Newcomer

Thank you I am quite familiar with TMS and I have cured my knees of the pain I had something to focus with my brain to my knees with chronic fatigue my adrenal glands and my brain

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Ah, I see. It will help others to respond if you provide more information about what you know, where you're at, and why you think you're currently struggling. We come across many people who are quite familiar with TMS, based on reading one of Dr. Sarno's books a while ago, and having immediate success. But when new and/or worse symptoms occur later on, it's because they did the "knowledge" work, but they never did the emotional work. That's just my personal observation over six+ years, but we don't have enough information to know if it applies to you.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    AMarie and Mary80 like this.
  5. Albertson22

Albertson22 Newcomer

Hi Jan thanks for all the information I've seen a TMS Dr and read several books and cured myknees. TMS doctors don't really touch much on chronic fatigue and Sarno says 75% of the people have cfs can you be treated with TMS. my TMs doctor wouldn't even really touch on chronic fatigue he just says that's TMS and that's it. Maybe my Mantra should be like Trina glands are fine by Energy's fine I don't know I tried so many things thanks again

6. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

7. AMarie

AMarie New Member

Wondering if you overcame your fatigue and what helped. I'm in the same boat! I recovered from back pain years ago but can't get over my fatigue, and it's debilitating. I'm finding it hard to just substitute "fatigue" when I read "pain" in any of the books or other info available, and I feel like I need more specific fatigue-related resources to help me. What about you?