1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 - Not sure whether frozen shoulder is a TMS

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Digby55, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Wow, this is me!!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

To the OP, if you're still around and haven't pulled the trigger on TPT: since this is the TMS board, this is my TMS reply, any results you would get from trigger point therapy or chiro-quack-tic would either be from natural healing by the body or the placebo effect.

If your "frozen shoulder" is TMS, employing physical methods will only embed in your mind that it's a structural/injury issues. Your "bestie" friend, who does not believe in the psychological, is pretty typical of 99% percent of shrinks who want to ally themselves with the white-coats and treat even psychosomatically caused symptoms with PT, RX or by cutting. I've had what could be dx'ed as "frozen shoulder", ("pinched c6/c7 nerve" by a neuro) on three different occasions and it all went away in due course. I took my shoulder's temperature at the armpit and it was 98.6 far from freezing ;).

One of the best things you can do to sort this out is get an accurate dx by a TMS savvy physician. I assume your down-under and not in the Emerald City with the Tin Man & CO. There are a few TMS practitioners in Australia and you may need to get in a Moke to journey to one, here's the one's listed at this site, these practitioners may know of a TMS doctor, g'luck mate! :

Australia
    James Alexander, PhD (Therapist)
    Available via Skype
    115 Keen St
    Lismore NSW 2480
    Australia
    Phone: 0410836690
    Fax: (02) 66224234
    Website / Survey Response / Forum Posts / About The Hidden Psychology of Pain

Mary Bayles, MSW (Therapist)
    Mary Bayles has 25 years experience in the field of psychology. She earned a Bachelor's degree from the University of New South Wales and a master's in social work from New York University in 1988. She also earned a Certificate of Specialization in Psychoanalysis from the National Institute for the Psychotherapies. Mary Bayles was introduced to TMS from Frances Sommer Anderson in 1999 and studied under Dr. Anderson.

Recent Change of Address
    2/102 Crown St
    Woolloomooloo NSW 2011
    Australia
    Phone: (02) 0409001387
    mbayles@bigpond.net.au
    Survey Response Form

Additional Australia Practitioner
    Hal Greenham, BSc

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Pilot in pain, I think it would be a rare chiropractor who would tell you the frozen shoulder is from something structural.
    He or she would want you to keep coming back for more adjustments. I went to one and it was developing into a lifelong visit.

I suggest work on your TMS repressed emotions and personality (if you're a perfectionist and "goodist."

The SEP program covers all that.

It's good to be back in touch with you. Hope the baby is well.

4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

So we have some things in common, would you like to talk further about any questions you might have? I'm here, thanks.

5. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

I have sore arms and sore buttock en leg. I recognize especially the fear and the focus on pain you had .But maybe everyone with pain has this? One of the most important issues for me at this moment is this: i have read lots of stories at this wiki, mostly successtories. Those stories are incredible and fascinating! All those people healed, sometimes after years. I want to have TMS too. I also have read the theory and the 5 chapters of your (and Walts) book on htis forum. I also think that God does not want me to live like this (pain, fear of making it worse, sorrow and lots of limitations, I can hardly sit).This cannot be Gods goal with my life.
    But......... deep in my heart i think my problems are physical and not TMS. I can hardly belief the concept of TMS. How did you do this?

6. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

I have had this twice before. I have healed before. But this time (6 months now) it's just getting worse.

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Would you like to chat by phone soon, I can help you understand and believe better that way. I know it's hard to believe, you have been conditioned your whole life to believe if it hurts then it must be physical. We have to have all the evidence and I can help you achieve that goal, bless you.

Dieuke and North Star like this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Happy Sunday, Dieuke.

You healed twice before through TMS belief, so you can heal again.

I think you just need to believe harder that it's repressed emotions and not structural.
    Maybe go through the Structured Education Program again.

And don't forget prayer. Jesus said "ask and you shall receive."
    Be sure you ask for his healing grace.

Dieuke and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  9. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Just to add my .02. Most of my TMS pain has revolved around my right shoulder. Until the day before I left for my appointment with Dr. Schubiner. I "slept wrong" and BANG…TMS in my left shoulder. Just like that. People do NOT develop acute shoulder pain from sleeping wrong. (It almost makes me laugh about how many years I bought into that.)

Yeah, it's still bothering me. But I keep telling it to knock it off and know it will be gone eventually.

Dieuke likes this.
  10. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

yes, good idea, thank you.

11. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

Happy sunday Walt (evening here),
    Thank you.
    I did'nt heal by TMS belief, never heard of it then, I just healed by very slowly building up strength again. This trick alone is not going to work this time. It needs more.

12. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

It is so good to participate in a community like this. Thank you all. And now I am going to sleep with hope in my heart.

13. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

And today, monday, I was (18.00 h) and am desperate because sitting makes it worse and worse (terrible pain in the but). I sit only a short period of the day. When I do more its worse the next day. So I am laying on my back now most of the day and that s driving me crazy. A week ago I could still sit for a few hours. I can hardly cope with this any more.

The foto of my face is from a year ago. I want this person back so desperately. She seems to have disappeared.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  14. Dieuke

Dieuke New Member

I really really have to take my head out of the mud. But find that very difficult.

15. billiewells

billiewells Peer Supporter

Hi Eric, new to TMS and have multiple physical issues to contend with including a frozen shoulder, very uplifted by your posts. Feel rather inadequate in comparison as over complicating everything I think and getting over whelmed. Any suggestions?

16. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Be patient with everything you do on purpose, take one step at a time in everything you do and never hurry or be in a rush.

17. billiewells

Massive crisis today no sleeppanic attack all night symptoms huge alone

18. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

billie, I'm sorry to hear this. As people have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, for some there is a need to get additional help from psychotherapy to sort out what's going on, the deeper issues at play. You seem to be suffering to such an extent that this might be a good idea. Is there anyone you can contact? I'm worried about you. We're all here for you, I hope that can be of some comfort.

19. billiewells

I have just started psychotherapy think that is why this has happened. I'm in Uk therapist in US so have to wait re time difference .... U.K. Is v v poor re TMS trying to sort a friend coming round. Need to calm down

Simplicity likes this.
  20. Simplicity

Simplicity Guest

When I started with the Unlearn Your Pain program I got my first panic attack in 10 years, so I can relate. I think it was my mind trying to distract me, another symptom for me to focus on. It's a good idea to have your friend over so you're not alone. Try to focus on your breathing and relax into the fear; float through it, don't fight it - fighting it makes it worse. You can handle this, you are strong enough to write to me. You have the control.