1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Day 2-ish

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ruth65, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Ruth65

Ruth65 Newcomer

Okay, really yesterday was Day 2, but I only finished the Day 2 exercises today. Honestly, my inner voice is there - telling me what a loser I am for not finishing everything on time, but after so many decades of listening that bastard of a voice, I'm finally at the point where I can tell it to fuck off. The "drill serjeant."

And here is the other inner voice telling me I should edit what I say (especially the curse words) so I don't offend people. The "people pleaser."

The "me, but not me" voices are going to difficult to deal with, but at least I'm aware of them. I suspect that it's the voices I don't even realize are there that are going to be a real bitch. I know where my past trauma and current stressors come from (or at least I think I do), but how to deal with them is where I'm still completely at a loss.

Still plugging away, though!

Cactusflower and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

This too, will come with time, patience, and kindness for yourself. In the meantime, you can keep telling that critical inner voice to fuck off as much as you need to :D

Ruth65 likes this.
  3. Ruth65

Ruth65 Newcomer

Thanks @JanAtheCPA ! I appreciate the positivity! :)