1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 3: Identifying the Source

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 13, 2017.

1. MicheleRenee

MicheleRenee Peer Supporter

problem is we cant fix it cause there is nothing to fix. which goes against what were used to doing.

2. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

YES!! I feel like i need to live in a bubble and not move or i'll trigger the TMS pain, because mine (while almost constant) flares badly with certain activities, so i struggle with "do i live my life and do the things i love, and know i'm gonna trigger the pain?" or do i just sit in a hot bath all day and wallow. I fear the pain coming on after i do things. i fear how awful it is. I do have painkillers, but pelvic pain can do weird things, like cause electrical feelings in your genitals and urethra, or other bizarre sensations like your sensitive parts are in a vice, and painkillers cant touch that, and you cant sleep, work, concentrate, etc. Even though i know it's not structural, i'm still scared of it happening because it brings my life to a halt. This is what i fear.

3. LEW

LEW Peer Supporter

I'm like you guys who fear the pain itself. But just within that last day or so I've tried to be a bit more blase about it and say to myself...it's only TMS. It's trying to trick me into being afraid. But I will do as someone suggested and make a positive spin on it. All very helpful.

4. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

Thank you so much for that reply @Laleah Shoo Shoo. What an inspiration you are. And your honesty and openness really resonated with me. I'm looking for a way how I can favorite that reply as then when I am feeling despondent I can refer back to it for a boost :)

5. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Eugene,

At the bottom of each post you'll see the option to 'bookmark'. Simply click on that and it will enable you to save the inspiring reply.

Plum x

6. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

I can totally relate to that inconsistent pain.

I have pain in the groin that moves from the perineum to the testicles and to the penis and to the right of the groin and sometimes the right of the abdomen, whilst at the same time getting a tingle in the finger tips of my left hand, and a weird tingling on the upper lip. Every day is different and it varies throughout the day too.

And it all started at the same time, after a massively stressful incident. Two urologists and four sexual health doctors all say it is nothing organic - so what you say Alan REALLY resonates.

Thank you so much.

7. Eugene

Eugene Well known member

LOL. I can't believe I never saw that 'bookmark' link. Guess I'll be making plenty of use of that now :)

Thanks Plum.

plum likes this.
  8. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

You're welcome honey :)
    It's a great feature.

Eugene likes this.
  9. Sprocket

Sprocket New Member

Thanks Click and Alan. That was my question as well. It's clear that I have a dx of severe OA of the left hip. Yet SteveO said his hip is almost "melted away" with OA yet he now experiences no pain. I guess the fact that I've had gastrointestinal problems, migraines, hives, anxiety, and acne (this last at a very mature age!) leads me to believe that this OA pain could be TMS, even though it never really shifts and there is a structural reality associated with the pain.

10. Freedom

Freedom Peer Supporter

Alan Gordon:

First of all, thank you for taking the time to make these posts/videos etc. Everything helps and is appreciated when we are in pain.

I wanted to mention that this video was helpful, PARTICULARLY when you mentioned essentially "hey, you have 3 separate chronic pain conditions, which are already statistically unlikely, so to have 3 separate ones is even more so"

These types of facts/information/statistics are helpful for convincing the brain (to me atleast) because instead of just saying "believe it" I can provide my mind with facts and numbers that it can't argue against, and then it can start going "hmm.. yeah maybe you have a point there..."

caligirlgonegreen likes this.
  11. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

I think there is probably an infinite variety of ways TMS expresses itself. I agree that you are dealing with TMS.

My symptoms don't feel like most of what I've seen reported - I can get extreme muscle tension that then will feel like the area is badly bruised. I also have gotten the dizzy, off-balance, or mentally foggy feeling. The good news for everyone is that it can improve -- drastically. I've gone from feeling crappy every day to having 2-3-4 great days, a small relapse (that I can usually trace to a recent stressful event) and then back to better and better. I am nearly 100% convinced I have TMS, but there are smaller and smaller twinges of doubt. When I started, I guess I had more faith in the treatment than confidence in the diagnosis, but seeing results has increased both. I can do it, anyone can. You can, too.

12. adria

adria Peer Supporter

YES...this is hiw u feel

13. Alex1991

Alex1991 New Member

Doea it possible to do TMS diagnose via skype etc with a TMS doctor if i am living oversea?
    Do u know any doctor that do that?

14. caligirlgonegreen

caligirlgonegreen New Member

I feel like my fear is that "I don't want to feel the pain" and so I fear the pain itself and not the fear of hurting myself further in some way.
    You are not the only person who feels this way! This is EXACTLY how I feel.

15. caligirlgonegreen

Yes!!!!!! I have tried too!!! It's beyond frustrating.

16. caligirlgonegreen

I am so sick of the pain too. I'm so sorry. You are not alone.

17. adria

adria Peer Supporter

Thank You so very much for having started tms wiki. It is a life saver

18. adria

adria Peer Supporter

Me too

19. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I just posted on another thread about overcoming doubt but I shall reiterate here...I have come to realise that one of the biggest obstacles to my full recovery was the nocebo that neuroscience is wrong and that old school Sarno is right. This bullshit has been niggling away in my mind for years. It has created so much doubt I feel nauseous reflecting upon it.

Thanks to this program (which I am revisiting and fine-tuning for myself, think of a seamstress tailoring an off-the-peg item for best fit), I finally, finally, finally feel in my bones the authentic confidence to overcome this. No more wading around in the murky psychosoup of trauma and repressed emotion for me. I'm on the highway of light all the way back to full recovery.

Thank you Alan.
    This program is the gift that keeps on giving.

20. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Little 5 year old Plum puts my above post like this:

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

~ Han Solo

(be still my beating heart).

readytoheal likes this.